Fiesta Zetec-S

Associate
My insurance is up next month and it turns out it will be more expensive for me to renew it than it would be to insure a Z-S, £400 more expensive actually. So I'll be looking to buy one soon, or somethin similar. Just wondering what peoples experiences are with these cars and what I should look out for? Or also any similar cars. I'm 19, 1ncb, 3 points.

Cheers. x

Associate
OP
Sorry forgot to add, 106 Quicksilver.

Ye had a few good quotes on both the S1 and S2, but think I fancy something different from a 106.

Soldato
My mate lives near RHS and has an S1, you should have a look at it :p

306 GTI-6 and Xsara VTS's might be worth a look, or a Ford Puma maybe? Depends if you want to fork out extra on insurance, the Puma won't be too bad though - but will be more than the Fiesta I would have thought.

You could also go for a nice tidy Clio 16v? Ibiza Cupra maybe, but again insurance might be a bit much?

Associate
OP
Quotes on VTS, GTI-6 and 106 GTI are very high! I've seen it, its the house right by the school isn't it. Used to always peer in and have a good nosey when I was walking to the shop from school if it was there, tis very nice.

What price should I expect to pay for a Z-S?

Soldato
Rimm3r said:
I have a Clio 16v and im 18 and the insurance is very cheap as its only insurance group 10 or 11. Its quite a fast car for its insurance group.

Where are you people getting insurance from?!?!

Mine's only group 3 and it's costing me a fotrune :(

Soldato
[ Ry ] said:
Quotes on VTS, GTI-6 and 106 GTI are very high! I've seen it, its the house right by the school isn't it. Used to always peer in and have a good nosey when I was walking to the shop from school if it was there, tis very nice.

What price should I expect to pay for a Z-S?

No idea, upwards of 3,500 I would imagine, they've held they're value really well for a Fiesta! Whats your budget?

Associate
OP
Scottland said:
No idea, upwards of 3,500 I would imagine, they've held they're value really well for a Fiesta! Whats your budget?

Bit unsure on budget, will be able to get around 2.5k for the 106 at a squeeze I think. A recent pay rise and a bonus coming soon, I think around 4-4.5k max.

Soldato
[ Ry ] said:
Bit unsure on budget, will be able to get around 2.5k for the 106 at a squeeze I think. A recent pay rise and a bonus coming soon, I think around 4-4.5k max.

What about insurance, what quotes are you getting and what are you prepared to pay?

Xsara VTS can be found really cheap, is the difference in insurance that much?

Associate
I'd imagine you'd be looking at around £4,000 for a decent Zetec-S, because you'd definately want one specced with Aircon (They didnt come with it standard IIRC). There are two different Series of the Mk4 Facelift/Mk5 (depending whether your Ford or a joe public!).

Best bet is ZSOC or UKFN.

www.zsoc.com
www.ukfiestanetwork.com

Soldato
Yeah, where are you people getting your insurance!? a group 3 car is costing me 800 quid on my parents insurance and they have 9+NCB, and 40 years driving. BTW did u mean a new Fiesta Zetec S? or the older ones? if you mean the new model zetec S (can't remember which MK they are now, 6?) i reckon you'd be looking at 6000 at least as they have just come out.

Associate
OP
S1 Rallye - £700
S2 Rallye - £750
ZS - £650
Renewal on Quicksilver is a tad over £1000!

Idealy I'd like something abit different to the usual really, thought about the Xsara but it's really not that attractive and I would like something nice to look at. :p

Mark 5 by the way.

Man of Honour
[ Ry ] said:
Idealy I'd like something abit different to the usual really,

So you are going to buy a Ford Fiesta? Whoa, captain radical there! :D

thought about the Xsara but it's really not that attractive and I would like something nice to look at. :p

The problem you have is that if you want something a bit different, you must find a car that most other people do not want - otherwise it isn't going to be different, its going to be everywhere.

Now, sometimes people don't want a car becuase it's rubbish, so obviously you don't want something like this. Sometimes a car isn't very popular becuase it's expensive to own, again, you might want to avoid these also. But other times people don't want a car for entirely trivial reasons - they dont like the looks, or they dont like the image - and this is the best way to get something 'different' becuase otherwise you'll end up with something gash.

Associate
OP
Any recomendations then Fox? Really unsure what to get now. Joys of buying a car.

I've also set myself a budget now max is £3500, not fussed about age but milage needs to be under say 65k.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom