FIFA 21

Associate
They are probably putting the feelers out to see how it affects people buying packs and they are only doing this because of the pressure from multiple governments.

this was my feeling on it, if it doesn’t hurt their sales to much they will keep if or they will go back to the drawing board and think of something else. They can’t continue with the current format as lots of governments as coming down on them.

Soldato
this was my feeling on it, if it doesn’t hurt their sales to much they will keep if or they will go back to the drawing board and think of something else. They can’t continue with the current format as lots of governments as coming down on them.
I was hoping lots of places would just ban the packs. Just to stop the pay to win side of it, let them sell cosmetic stuff like everyone else.
I realise that EA would probably just stop UT if they couldn't sell packs though.

Permabanned
Was curious so had a look on web app, preview of 100k packs showed highest 84 rated player and said 20 hours till could preview the next....surely this would impact the sales a fair bit as I wouldn't buy those pack. Though this assumes people are patient I guess.....

Soldato
Apparently people with hardly any coins and no players to sell strangely get great pulls, obviously so they buy some fifa points

I still think it’s a great idea, but it will definitely be implemented to help EA sell points rather than help the consumer

Soldato
Was curious so had a look on web app, preview of 100k packs showed highest 84 rated player and said 20 hours till could preview the next....surely this would impact the sales a fair bit as I wouldn't buy those pack. Though this assumes people are patient I guess.....
But would you have bought the pack normally?
Also, you can't see what the next pack is until you've bought that one.

For the streamers that plan on buying all 6 of the 100k packs (or whatever) it's now a bit odd as they can see the pack is rubbish before they spend 2000 Fifa points on it. But they still have to buy it if they want to open the next pack. Means they don't have to buy the 6th pack I guess, but they have to buy the previous 5 even though the can see it's rubbish (in most cases).

I have very few coins and very few players (been playing since the 6th May), I'm just waiting for Griezmann to show up in one of mine!

Permabanned
But would you have bought the pack normally?
Also, you can't see what the next pack is until you've bought that one.

For the streamers that plan on buying all 6 of the 100k packs (or whatever) it's now a bit odd as they can see the pack is rubbish before they spend 2000 Fifa points on it. But they still have to buy it if they want to open the next pack. Means they don't have to buy the 6th pack I guess, but they have to buy the previous 5 even though the can see it's rubbish (in most cases).

I have very few coins and very few players (been playing since the 6th May), I'm just waiting for Griezmann to show up in one of mine!

You don't have to buy the pack you can wait till it times out then you can preview another. So people who buy loads will probably do that anyway and I guess it may actually encourage people who don't buy loads to buy it.

Soldato
You don't have to buy the pack you can wait till it times out then you can preview another. So people who buy loads will probably do that anyway and I guess it may actually encourage people who don't buy loads to buy it.
it takes 24 hours to time out, you have to wait a day. In the case of promo packs they'll probably have expired in 24 hours.

Caporegime
Was going to buy Wijnaldum but his card will change to PSG apparently. Will probably pick up Bobby to replace Bruno at CAM, 5* skills should come in handy.

May also pump all my fodder into PIM Garrincha, tried his loan and he's crazy good. Had a 125k pack preview earlier with my first icon this year... PIM Hagi who sells for 126k lmao, broke even selling him and some of the dupes.

Soldato
I don't get FUT. Surely if you are crap at the game it don't matter what players you have or don't players realise this?
I think people like to think there's a reason they're not good, like they don't have very good players.
And to an extent better players can help a little bit. If you're close on skill to the other person then better players might make the difference, if the scripting isn't having too big an impact.

Associate
I think people like to think there's a reason they're not good, like they don't have very good players.
And to an extent better players can help a little bit. If you're close on skill to the other person then better players might make the difference, if the scripting isn't having too big an impact.
That is true. But is the grind worth it? I refuse to pay for packs so just play Seasons.

Associate
I don't get FUT. Surely if you are crap at the game it don't matter what players you have or don't players realise this?

Players 100% make the difference. You often see pro players having nearly the exact same squad, R9 Cruyff, Gullit. Broken meta players like Atal and Dembele, Tapsoba, RB's in defence etc.

Its a pay to win game. If normal gold players were OP then there would be no dark markets selling R9s. Probably Neymar is the only exception.

Caporegime
Players definitely make a difference. I used that PIM Maradona loan card last night and he scored 22 goals in 5 games in D1. For reference, he replaced EOAE Aguero who isn't exactly horrific and in the next 5, he only managed 12.

Not forcing the ball to him either, he just kept glitching through players and has this weird left foot animation in winning the ball back even when tackled. The 5* skills also helped create more effective shooting positions/angles. I can only imagine how insane it must be using 3 full meta top tier 5* skillers upfront. TOTS Neymar, TOTY/S Mbappe and either of the two Ronaldo's etc.

That's also at this point in the game where nearly everyone has 99 pace defenders with chemstyles. Imagine using TOTY Mbappe back in January... or being lucky enough to have one of the top tier mid icons like Pele shortly after the game is released.

Last edited:
Associate
To get to elite or Top 200 you need a very good team. Ignore the likes of Harry who can do insane challenges like a full goal keeper squad and get 30-0. For us who are not pro's, players make a massive difference. I packed TOTY CR7 and he alone has made a huge difference to my gameplay, I can guarantee I'd finish higher in WL if I had the squad the pros use. In no way I'm saying I'd be top 200 but I'd definitely move up a tier.

Soldato
That's also at this point in the game where nearly everyone has 99 pace defenders with chemstyles. Imagine using TOTY Mbappe back in January... or being lucky enough to have one of the top tier mid icons like Pele shortly after the game is released.

*waves*

This is why I load a ton of points at the start, I was using 95 Pele from release right up until late November. With that said, he still got pocketed by 86 Varane :D

Soldato
Yeah, I'm playing other games now and feel like I enjoy gaming again. Fifa just isn't enjoyable anymore and feels too competitive. It just adds pressure and stress to my downtime.

Back
Top Bottom