FIFA 21

Soldato
Ive kinda switched over to PES the last few months, its not great either at the moment but its more fun to play with friends than Fifa currently is. Ill try the demo for Fifa 21 and see how it is when it comes out

Don
OP
I haven't watched any trailers as yet, I'm assuming this is massive sarcasm and we're just getting the same **** again?

Pretty much the same **** yeah. Literally nothing that excites me, still looks like objectives are in rivals. I thought they’d revamp the chemistry system or just something to mix it up, removing fitness and training which in the end everyone had thousands of those cards anyway. Zzz

Caporegime
Chemistry forces people to use the same teams but it's something that could be easily changed to allow you to use players from different leagues and nations.

10 games already gives you a loyalty bonus of +1 so why not make it so the more you play the more chemistry you can earn?

10 games = 1 chem
25 games = 1 chem
50 games = 1 chem
100 games = 1 chem
200 games = 1 chem
300 games = 1 chem

Would've allowed me to add Messi in to my Liverpool team this year on 4 chem with an Argentinian or La Liga manager and then I could've worked towards making him usable.

You wouldn't want to make it easy to obtain, it should be something you can grind towards.

Soldato
Good to see they’re removing fitness and training cards, as long as they don’t add anything else ridiculous in their place. Unfortunately I won’t be buying it this year, too many years of disappointment... The demo and first few weeks will be good and then patches and drop back tactics will ruin everything.

I’m going to cave. :(
:D:D Let me know when you stream again.

Chemistry forces people to use the same teams but it's something that could be easily changed to allow you to use players from different leagues and nations.

10 games already gives you a loyalty bonus of +1 so why not make it so the more you play the more chemistry you can earn?

10 games = 1 chem
25 games = 1 chem
50 games = 1 chem
100 games = 1 chem
200 games = 1 chem
300 games = 1 chem

Would've allowed me to add Messi in to my Liverpool team this year on 4 chem with an Argentinian or La Liga manager and then I could've worked towards making him usable.

You wouldn't want to make it easy to obtain, it should be something you can grind towards.
That would encourage people to keep the same team which EA won’t want you to do. It’s all about $$$$

Soldato
I caught up with some the trailer stuff last night.

Co-op FUT sounds fun but is ultimately going to lead nowhere.
30 games per week of Rivals for ranking points is crap, going to make doing objectives in higher divisions harder, assuming you'll still get Rivals ranking points for Fut Champs though.
FUT Stadium is a nice touch, but it doesn't add anything of value of the game.
No more Fitness cards is great on the surface, but just further reduces pack value, could lead out of control market inflation.
No more training cards - positive step, dead mechanic.
New Icons - Cantona, Lahm, Puskas, Torres, Schwieni - hoping they make Icons more obtainable.

I'll be buying it, of course I will, as much as I didn't rate this years edition of the game I still racked up over 4000 games.

One thing I'm not certain of is will there be PS4 / PS5 crossplay. I understand the market will be linked, the rankings linked etc. But if I'm playing a match on PS5 am I limited to the PS5 player pool or will I get matched with PS4 players too?

Associate
Think I'm going to avoid this year. I was hoping they'd revamp the chemistry system to make it less penalising to actually have players I like as opposed to having to make hybrids.

Man of Honour
Anyone else get closed beta? Just loading it up now.

Haven’t played FIFA 20 for a couple of months and don’t miss it. It was horrendous.

Soldato
I didn't :(

Missed out the last two years now despite over 4k games each year.

From what I'm hearing its fundamentally the same game is Fifa 20, but with attempted fixes to a lot of the issues.

I don't hold out too much hope for Fifa 21, but expecting a lot of effort to go into making Fifa 22 truly next gen.

Don
OP
I didn't :(

Missed out the last two years now despite over 4k games each year.

From what I'm hearing its fundamentally the same game is Fifa 20, but with attempted fixes to a lot of the issues.

I don't hold out too much hope for Fifa 21, but expecting a lot of effort to go into making Fifa 22 truly next gen.

Christ. For as long as I can remember, well since PES 6, I might not even buy this on release date and just see what the views are from the general public. I play so much Warzone I barely have time for another game and if this is going to be FIFA 20 part 2 then I might just not bother.

Soldato
Not played now for 2 months, not even looked at the reveals until yesterday.
Overall thoughts are underwhelming.

The chemistry system is trash, the only positives I see are fitness removed but I'm sure there will be other dross pack fillers.

I'll buy it, but the two main flaws this year was connection and defending/attack imbalance making the game too slow/stale. It needs livening up massively.

Don
OP
Whats with the lack of activity in this thread? I thought it was released in the next week or so ? Or is it that bad :p

Think it's October, funnily enough I'm away again on release, for the first time in probably a decade I will buy the physical version to save some pennies and sell it on if its that ****!

Every year my excitement for the game has slowly decreased but this year I literally couldn't care less. Hopefully because of my low expectations it might surprise me....

Soldato
Also think it will be dross. Seen zero hype and hardly any good comments from the beta. Sad state for FIFA. I wish they would have revamped the chemistry and added daily tournaments but sounds like a rehash of 20.

Back
Top Bottom