Fifth Gear returns tonight

Associate
Set to record, haven't watched this for ages tbh, mainly because I dislike Tiff Needell, Quentin Wilson, Adrian Simpson, and V B-H hasn't done it for me since I met her and realised she was pretty much anorexic.

I'll give it another chance tonight, and will cancel recording the rest of the season if I don't like it :D

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
Can't believe the amount of stick this show gets ... in a forum full of supposed car enthusiasts. It was never the best show in the world but worth a watch.

Anyhow, they've supposedly changed the format, chopped the show to 30 minutes, ditched the rubbish presenters and are focusing on the cars themselves.

I believe they've done it after listening to those that say Top Gear has turned into a generic entertainment show, with a car theme on the side.

I'm going to give it chance, I hope it works.

Soldato
old top gear was a review/info show and it was cancelled because it was boring as hell, new top gear is entertainment and damn good at it :p

5th gear was the continuation of old top gear using the remaining cast (Clarkson had left before TG was axed) and is an evolution of the old TG formula

TBH I will watch 5th gear if the is nothing else on but as factual car shows go its no better than internet car shows such as www.everydaydriver.com, the is a good reason top gear is BBC2's top show

Man of Honour
Can't believe the amount of stick this show gets ... in a forum full of supposed car enthusiasts. It was never the best show in the world but worth a watch.

Anyhow, they've supposedly changed the format, chopped the show to 30 minutes, ditched the rubbish presenters and are focusing on the cars themselves.

I believe they've done it after listening to those that say Top Gear has turned into a generic entertainment show, with a car theme on the side.

I'm going to give it chance, I hope it works.

My thoughts precisely.

I've sky+d the series, so I can FF any rubbish bits of the show. Certainly looks more promising this time around.

Don
It probably wouldnt be a bad show, except that it's one of those prgrammes where the presenters seem to think they are broadcasting to an audience of children, with stupid jokes and unfunny comments. Once you get past the irritating/cringing attempts at humour, some of the show is actually quite informative and itneresting.

Which are you talking about now, Top Gear or 5th Gear? :p

Associate
0-62 in 7.3 for the focus rs?

Renault sport vs a boxster.... Erm ok then, shows still rubbish I see....

should be 5.9 for the RS to 62, did anyone else notice that in the competition, the console was an xbox 360, yet they included PS3 games?? This shows how much they research everything, tbh this kind of stuff ruins it for me, the detail! :rolleyes:

Liked it though that a renault kept up and overtook the boxster, shows how much potential the renault has :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom