Filament broke

Associate
Looking at many dehydrators. Those I’ve seen appear to have shallow shelves arranged vertically. Could you name or link the one you use please?

Mine is old and probably not available anymore. You have to modify the shelves by cutting the inner food shelf bit but they stack on top of each and the spool sits inside. I think Breaks n Makes did a video a while back on his YouTube channel.

Associate
It does seem to come down to the brittleness, but I'm surprised to hear that it should deteriorate like that, kept indoors, in as little as 5 months (installed early March).

5 months is absolutely ages to leave filament lying around. Sealed Tupperware box with silica gel in and it will last that long out the sun, on a printer no chance! Industrial printers have sealed filament compartments and you imagine the speed they get through filament at. Markforged used a modified dry box so the filament is sealed all the way to the nozzle!

SBK

SBK

Associate
We first got the 3d Printer last November, the filament was loaded and the machine pretty much left unused until May this year, it seems to print OK, we have tried other filament since and it doesn't print any better.

What sort of humidity levels sholud opened filament be kept in, or indeed what humidity levels should be avoided ?

Back
Top Bottom