Film Scores - Which are your favourites?

daz

daz

Soldato
John Williams is good, but you cannot help but feel is he the pop music of modern classical. A lot of his soundtracks sound very similar and familiar... for instance, when I watched Harry Potter for the first time it wasn't hard to guess that John Williams did the theme.
dunno.gif

Soldato
I don't think that Star Wars can be beaten. I heard it a while back live with an orcestra, sounded absolutely superb. But then live Superman and 2001 sounded excellent as well.

Soldato
Dange said:
I know its not quite a score in as much as being produces solely for the movie, but i think that the music used in Garden State was brilliant, each song really enhanced the scene it was used in and whoever picked the music deserves a serious pat on the back.

Zach braff picked the songs used in the movie aswell, all the songs are amazing expecialy zero 7 and the shins songs :)

o yeh and the broken arrow tune is amazing.

Soldato
daz said:
John Williams is good, but you cannot help but feel is he the pop music of modern classical. A lot of his soundtracks sound very similar and familiar... for instance, when I watched Harry Potter for the first time it wasn't hard to guess that John Williams did the theme.
dunno.gif

Emmm I dissagree!

listen to Munich, Schindler's List , StarWars and War of the Worlds... they sound all sooo different.

Back
Top Bottom