1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Final Fantasy XIII ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Strife212, 4 Oct 2009.

1. Strife212

Capodecina

Last edited: 1 Apr 2010
  2. Strife212

Capodecina

It's out now :)

Picked up the PS3:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 10 Mar 2010
  3. 5ingh

Mobster

So looking forward to losing hours upon hours of my life to this! :D

4. Phatjayunoi

Mobster

What I like about the English version of the trailer is that for the in-game graphic cutscenes, they had proper lip-synching with the English dubbing. Now that is what I call true localisation and really shows one point why Square-Enix are taking so long with this game. Shame some of the dialogue had to be changed slightly, but then it is inevitable, literal translations just never work. Some of the voices in my view don't really match well with certain characters though, but at least they are trying to produce a better job of it. Final Fantasy XII had wonderful English voice work, so hopefully this game can surpass that.

Yeah they are trying their best to make this as the Final Fantasy VII of the PS3 especially when there are some obvious similarities and afterall, XIII will be the first major Final Fantasy title for this generation of consoles.

5. Substance

Mobster

I seriously can't wait for this, not played and enjoyed a final fantasy game since ff10 was released back in 2002,

Hopefully 13 will be as excellent as the old ones

6. Xez

Wise Guy

about time! been waiting for this for a while, the last FF i played was 8 on PS1 :D

7. ZG002

Capodecina

Do we know it that slim or any other slim bundle is coming to the uk? (we don't normally get them)

8. Goldfingers

Wise Guy

This is the game that will make me buy a ps3.

9. Streeteh

Capodecina

Funniest thing i've seen all week :p

10. Substance

Mobster

You know it is coming to 360 too, if you already have one you can get it on that

I own both consoles and am really unsure which I will get it on.

11. Strife212

Capodecina

This is one game where if you have both its probably best on PS3 because it was the lead console, and if nothing else it will be on one disk :p

I think all the voice and script data is done, we're just waiting on the 360 port now, so it could be true!

Last edited: 4 Oct 2009
  12. KNiVES

Capodecina

Also looking forward to this game! It's probably a bit too 'bright' and 'techy' for me - I like the grimy, rough world of FFVII and X was a bit too much for me. Apparently XIII Versus has more of what I'm looking for, so that's on my hitlist too.

And as much as I am loathe to say it, FF on 360 doesn't feel 'right' to me, but I remember ten years ago saying that FF on Playstation wouldn't feel right either... and look what happened there.

13. Strife212

Capodecina

14. KNiVES

Capodecina

Fantastic atmosphere for Versus, do wish they would give a more appropriate name though!

15. DeFrEaTs

Hitman

Demo was pretty good but didn't get me overly excited. Will be getting this on release in December, then just got to find the time to actually play it!

16. mithrandir

Mobster

Would be great if they released a PC benchmark version :D

17. Phatjayunoi

Mobster

Seeing as we don't know how many discs the Xbox 360 version will have, makes you wonder if it will be similar should this game ever be released for the PC. Otherwise I would love to see how well a Crystal Tools engine game could run on the PC. I sometimes think perhaps The Last Remnant should have used it instead of the Unreal 3 engine. It could have been a good and early test for Square-Enix.

18. Strife212

Capodecina

I think its on three ^^

19. Fenris

Sgarrista

My god I can not wait for this.

After how horrible FFXII was, I am really looking forward to a new FF.

Might have to get a hold of that limited edition PS3 as well to go with my Halo3 edition 360 (which is actualy an elite, I just swapped the casing :p)

Last edited: 14 Oct 2009
  20. Goldfingers

Wise Guy

:confused::confused::confused:

FFXII was fantastic. I can only imagine this game will be more in keeping with the ff12 style, and battle system rather than the older ff's.