*** Final Fantasy XIII ***

Soldato
True, but near enough 4 million or more is still a large number regardless of any game.

And Versus is a spin-off technically, since the XIII games are a compliation. And yeah it is the common mythology like the crystals that bridges the games together. There's still a slight possibility that Versus could be a huge timeline prequal to the main FFXIII game though.

Soldato
Wish Versus would hurry up and come out though, always thought it looked the better of the two games. I hope it proves me right. Unfortunately it probably won't be out till early next year.

Associate
Lots of rumours at the moment surrounding the www.finalfantasy13-2game.com domain name being registered by the same company that is doing the same for other Square-Enix related games. Will be interesting if this is for real and how a sequal would go seeing as there is a ton of Pulse to be explored and how humanity will carry on.

FF13-2 - it's official, hope it's much better than ff13 :)

Soldato
First thing that popped into my head is that Lightning looks quite sexy in the classic medieval fantasy/Korean MMO fantasy attire. :p

The second is how in the **** did it come to that? I guess the Cocoon humans will have to start again from somewhere now that they won't be the technologically advanced people they once were before (No longer sheltered, guided, manipulated by the the Cocoon Fal'Cie). Medieval fantasy Pulse-world must be interesting then. :confused:

In other news, looks like Agito XIII for the PSP is renamed to Final Fantasy Type-0.

EDIT - Just watched the leaked Versus XIII trailer. No surprise that the combat looks very similar to Kingdom Hearts, but damn, it does actually look pretty good graphically. I guess Yagami Light/Setsuna F Seiei is the voice for Noctus.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm under the impression this isn't a sequel but a spin off.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a sequel.

This is also the first time I've not been excited about a Final Fantasy game.

You know what they say?

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice? Square Enix sucks.

First thing that popped into my head is that Lightning looks quite sexy in the classic medieval fantasy/Korean MMO fantasy attire. :p

The second is how in the **** did it come to that? I guess the Cocoon humans will have to start again from somewhere now that they won't be the technologically advanced people they once were before (No longer sheltered, guided, manipulated by the the Cocoon Fal'Cie). Medieval fantasy Pulse-world must be interesting then. :confused:.

Even though I absolutely hated XIII. The game barely explored any of Gran Pulse (not that you explored anything in FFXIII anyway). I'm guessing the sequel will possibly consider all of Gran Pulse.

That's IF they decide to make Final Fantasy XIII-2 decent. There's not many ways they could make the game much worse.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah a "World Map" of Pulse would be a dream but knowing the developers, it's probably going to be pretty limited in scope. And it would have to be as well due to the story perspective. I mean I wonder how many years this sequal is set and how quickly the humans have progressed.

Bring on FFXIII-3. Full exploration of Pulse LOL. :p

Soldato
I really enjoyed FFXIII regardless of what people moan about the story i enjoyed as i did the gameplay.

So looking forward to FFXIII-2 and as soon as i can pre-order it i will

Soldato
Don't worry you aren't the only one. I just want to see more of the world and the history behind it. And whenever Versus comes out, to see if it really does connect with the main XIII games and not just by the "common mythos".

Hell I still want to see more FFVII and Ivalice Alliance stuff, regardless if they end up adding in stupid stuff.

I mean they can't get even worse than say, George Lucas more messing about with Star Wars.

Soldato
Looks like SE cracks are starting to show and are actually running out of idea's. Why on earth do we need another sequel to another Final Fantasy game?!?! They should be working on another RPG, fixing up Final Fantasy 14 on-line or get Verse 13 out the door.

Back
Top Bottom