*** Final Fantasy XIII ***

Soldato
But... I can't help but think that some of the voices are just wrong. The English voices for Snow and Lightning are just annoying, you start to get a feel for the characters as you watch them in the videos but those two voices just don't gel for me.

Really? I like Lightnings voice...I think mainly beacuse she doesn't sound too girly, I mean she is supposed to be a female Cloud which I think in the videos I've seen so far she pulls of quite well.

I for one couldn't stand Tidus's voice to begin with in FFX, to be honest it still bugs me some times.

Associate
Really? I like Lightnings voice...I think mainly beacuse she doesn't sound too girly, I mean she is supposed to be a female Cloud which I think in the videos I've seen so far she pulls of quite well.

I think if I would have heard the English voice first it would have not been so bad but every time I hear it now I think that it's not the JPN voice I have been used to. I think I saw the first FF13 trailer over a year ago and the original voice has got stuck in my head. :p

I for one couldn't stand Tidus's voice to begin with in FFX, to be honest it still bugs me some times.

A lot of people would agree with you on this one, I didn't really mind it as I thought it suited the character perfectly.

i didnt like the way some people said teedus either (its tidus), that really bugged me.

It really annoyed me too, it annoyed me even more because Tee-dus is the correct pronunciation of it. I had known him as Ti-dus since I first played it back in 2002 and I wasn't going to change. :p

I remember watching a video interview with the voice actor for Tidus/Shuyin and he did pronounce it as Tee-dus. :rolleyes: ;)

Soldato
Seeing battles load does get old after a while but at least they seem to be near instant in changing, at least in the demo build.

I think its also because how tedious the fights are. Everytime you went into a battle that would take a few seconds, you would know everytime to just spam attack when the bar enabled you to attack.

It was more of a hindrance than a challenge, if each fight was unique that required some real ability you would be immersed in it a lot more.

Rather than just boss fights. Then again boss fights are not much better, spam your most powerful attacks, use 1 to heal when needed or pot.

Chrono Trigger had some unique ability about most of the bosses that you had to figure out so you could defeat it.

Associate
Hoping my Mrs will be getting me this for my b-day next month. Asked for the limited edition PS3 slim bundle but would be lucky to get that I think. Even promised I’d sell my white “fat” PS3 to pay for half of it!

Really enjoyed the demo and have played through a couple of times. The main character is really likeable, and it’s nice to see a female lead. The opening video is very good and really reminded me of FFVII with the train scene. Good stuff, just hope the story is as good as previous titles.

Soldato
OP
Originally Posted by yoyo50
Do we know it that slim or any other slim bundle is coming to the uk? (we don't normally get them)

I don't think so, but you never know, the FFVII Crisis Core PSP came out of no where in this country, it didn't even come out in america.

I'll be getting it. Going to get the Mrs to queue up for me on release day

You live in Japan, unfair :p

Back
Top Bottom