*** Final Fantasy XIII ***

Soldato
OP
Apparently the level up system is a grid of some sort, somewhat FF 10 style.

Weapon system is like 8, collecting materials.

Last edited:
Associate
Apparently the level up system is a grid of some sort, somewhat FF 10 style.

Awesome, I loved the sphere grid in FF10, especially when you get the blanker spheres and start replacing the +1 nodes with the +4 nodes. Five characters with all stats maxed at 255 (including luck) :D

Ive just started playing through 10 again now because of this thread.lol
Hurry up March :)

I am the same, I bought Dragon Age for a rpg fix until march but I couldn't be having that game, its got a good story and that but it isn't no Final Fantasy.

So I fired up the PS2 for some FF12 action.

Masamune + Genji Gloves + Berserk = "Have some of that!!!" ;)

Soldato
Yep it's called the Crystarium System in FFXIII. You gain Crystarium Points after each battle and then unlock whatever ability upgrades through a grid system.

So I fired up the PS2 for some FF12 action.

Masamune + Genji Gloves + Berserk = "Have some of that!!!" ;)
Don't forget the Zodiac Spear. ;)

Speaking of which, I quite like the easy upgrade system that was in FFXII itself.

Man of Honour
Im looking forward to this, when I was younger I played a Final Fantasy game on the PS2 that I think was rented from Blockbuster! :p

I cant remember much about it except I got stuck on a boss in a snowy area (on some ice maybe, probably not that far into the game) and gave up :(

Thats the only one I've played but I know the series is absolutely HUGE and I wanted to ask, will me not having played the previous games be a problem? If so, is there anywhere I can read up on the story or is it quite easy to follow? :p

Cheers! :D

Associate
Don't forget the Zodiac Spear. ;)

I won't be forgetting that, I have not opened the selected chests and will be getting it the first time I get to Salikawood. I am going to stock up on phoenix downs and do a death run through the Necrohol at around level 30. :D

Thats the only one I've played but I know the series is absolutely HUGE and I wanted to ask, will me not having played the previous games be a problem? If so, is there anywhere I can read up on the story or is it quite easy to follow? :p

It won't be a problem at all, there are lots of similarities between the games but they all follow a different story and are easy to pick up.

Soldato

Each Final Fantasy game in the main numbered series is different. It's only just the traditional themes that make a Final Fantasy game carry on with each other i.e. Love/Romance, Crystals, Chocobos, a guy named Cid, Airships, Good vs Evil etc.

Only Final Fantasy X had an official sequal which was X-2. XI was obviously an MMORPG game. Technically Final Fantasy VII has sequals, but thats is the Advent Children CGI movie and the semi-decent Dirge of Cerberus 3rd person action game.

Man of Honour
It won't be a problem at all, there are lots of similarities between the games but they all follow a different story and are easy to pick up.

Each Final Fantasy game in the main numbered series is different. It's only just the traditional themes that make a Final Fantasy game carry on with each other i.e. Love/Romance, Crystals, Chocobos, a guy named Cid, Airships, Good vs Evil etc.

Only Final Fantasy X had an official sequal which was X-2. XI was obviously an MMORPG game. Technically Final Fantasy VII has sequals, but thats is the Advent Children CGI movie and the semi-decent Dirge of Cerberus 3rd person action game.

Thanks guys, thats what I thought they were like!

Bring it on already, should be fantastic from what im reading so far :D :p

Also, do you think any of the main US/EU review sites will be able to review the Jap version, I would imagine they have the ability to do so, and would be able to publish the score? Will be nice to see what people think to it very shortly!

Associate
While I prefer orchestral music in FF, I think my hands will actually be ok. And will add a bit of Hollywood style to the game.

Disappointing they just picked a track they liked, rather than got Leona to record something for the game though.

Associate
Really? I like Lightnings voice...I think mainly beacuse she doesn't sound too girly, I mean she is supposed to be a female Cloud which I think in the videos I've seen so far she pulls of quite well.

I for one couldn't stand Tidus's voice to begin with in FFX, to be honest it still bugs me some times.

Auron was my favourite character in X, Tidus just made me cringe... especially that damn laughing scene.

X-2 should have been about Auron, Jecht and Braska :(.

Soldato
OP
I like what I've heard of XIII's voices so far , they seem good. Sazhs' voice is good as well, they could have made it awful.

Auron is a legend in X, I agree Tidus is irritating :p

Associate

Don't forget Crisis Core. Considering you know that Zack (poor sod) is going to bite the dust the whole way through the game, they did a really good job with the story and his character development.

Soldato
Don't forget Crisis Core. Considering you know that Zack (poor sod) is going to bite the dust the whole way through the game, they did a really good job with the story and his character development.

Oh yeah that and there is also the mobile phone exclusive, Before Crisis, which features the original Avalanche (Long before Barret), the many other previous Turks we never knew off or only seen in the Last Order animation and a very young Yuffie.

Back
Top Bottom