• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FINALLY A DEAL ON GPU'S - IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG (NVIDIA 3060 & 3060Ti) !!

Associate
The overclock on the core will depend on quality of the silicon the cooler will not make much difference unless you go with aio or water. save the £20.00. Case cooling and Gpu fan speed all help also.

Caporegime
I preordered one of the inno3d ones and then watched this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9N4_dMHpu1I now im considering cancelling and preordering the zotac one instead

Really depends on whether you intend to tweak/overclock. Otherwise there will be little difference.

I would like a better version too, but to be honest £420 is the absolute limit i would pay for one of these cards and i'm still questioning whether i definitely want it or not at that price. The zotacs are pushing 3070 FE MSRP prices. A 3060Ti in my mind is a £350-£400 card.

Caporegime
You bought a card?!!? :o
Bought a whole damn system! Just waiting for my monitor of choice to hit the UK market :p

In my defence (to my wallet) the core components of my old system date back to 2012, so a completely new setup was long overdue.

And I paid RRP or less for everything :p Got lucky with a FE drop.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Bought a whole damn system! Just waiting for my monitor of choice to hit the UK market :p

In my defence (to my wallet) the core components of my old system date back to 2012, so a completely new setup was long overdue.

And I paid RRP or less for everything :p Got lucky with a FE drop.

Yeah long overdue that one! Should last another eight, maybe by then component shortages will have disappeared, its nuts!

Caporegime
Yeah long overdue that one! Should last another eight, maybe by then component shortages will have disappeared, its nuts!
I don't think I'll wait that long this time. 2012-2019 were "the stagnation years" on the CPU side at least.

Thankfully we have some actual CPU advancement in recent years!

Soldato
Very true. I went from a ultra low cost build while I was between jobs with a Vishera FX.. to a Ryzen 3600. I wouldn't plan on doing large gaps like that myself but by the looks of it the GPU prices seem to be getting way out of hand and even the CPU prices have more or less doubled from what I would usually plan for.

It may actually be a console the next time, was almost one this time but even they were scalped and oos everywhere!

Associate
Hi Gibbo, trying to pre order a 3060 ti, my forum account is linked but the delivery charge is still showing. Any thoughts?

Update, I logged off and then logged back on and that has worked.

Last edited:
Associate
Hello everyone, I just preordered a Zotac RTX 3060ti but I was wondering if my computer will have a big problem with using that card. I currently have a Ryzen 2600 overclocked to 4.00GHz and only a CX550M Bronze corsair PSU. Ideally I don't want to upgrade just yet, would I be able to get away with these specs or would the 3060ti not have enough power / CPU give it an extreme bottleneck?

Edit: Is it also possible to see my queue position?

Associate
Hello everyone, I just preordered a Zotac RTX 3060ti but I was wondering if my computer will have a big problem with using that card. I currently have a Ryzen 2600 overclocked to 4.00GHz and only a CX550M Bronze corsair PSU. Ideally I don't want to upgrade just yet, would I be able to get away with these specs or would the 3060ti not have enough power / CPU give it an extreme bottleneck?

My mate runs a 3070ti with a ryzen 3600 at stock off a evga 550gm gold and it works fine, that combo seems decent enough, if anything the processor would be the bottleneck not the gpu especially at lower resolutions.

Soldato

Edit: Is it also possible to see my queue position?
My mate runs a 3070ti with a ryzen 3600 at stock off a evga 550gm gold and it works fine, that combo seems decent enough, if anything the processor would be the bottleneck not the gpu especially at lower resolutions.

I am running a Ryzen 7 3700X,32GB 3600MHZ DDR4,a few SSDs and an RTX3060TI off a Corsair SF600 PSU. Power consumption under gaming load at the wall seems to be around 300W~310W at most.

The CPU is more likely to be a bottleneck in some games,but mostly at lower resolutions. However,as long as you have decent FPS,I would stick with what you have - any CPU can potentially cause some amount of bottlenecking.

Associate
I am running a Ryzen 7 3700X,32GB 3600MHZ DDR4,a few SSDs and an RTX3060TI off a Corsair SF600 PSU. Power consumption under gaming load at the wall seems to be around 300W~310W at most.

The CPU is more likely to be a bottleneck in some games,but mostly at lower resolutions. However,as long as you have decent FPS,I would stick with what you have - any CPU can potentially cause some amount of bottlenecking.

Ok thank you so much guys, I have a 1080p monitor and run it at 144hz. Am I right in thinking the higher graphics setting I go for the more work the GPU has to do so the CPU bottleneck will not be as intensive? I was looking at https://www.cpuagent.com/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-2600/bottleneck/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti and it says I will have a 30% bottleneck but I have also heard that to completley ignore what these sites say. I really do appreciate the replys!

Soldato
thinking about, i wonder whether realistically there will be much difference between the coolers.

Well, I've just taken the liberty of updating my order to the OC version just in-case. Last thing I want is a loud/hot card for the sake of £20, especially in this weather.

It took 2 seconds to do by the way, even on a saturday they replied within 5 minutes and it's done.

Soldato
I am running a Ryzen 7 3700X... - any CPU can potentially cause some amount of bottlenecking.

Can swap for my 3600? :o

Ok thank you so much guys, I have a 1080p monitor and run it at 144hz. Am I right in thinking the higher graphics setting I go for the more work the GPU has to do

Correct. Some tiny minority would run insane high fps for certain games and would 'actuallly' but the general consensus is up the quality and res to tax the GPU and your CPU should cope longer.

Back
Top Bottom