• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FINALLY A DEAL ON GPU'S - IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG (NVIDIA 3060 & 3060Ti) !!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
So i shouldnt be using DLSS when i get the card?

I am no authority on DLSS I have to say, though there are plenty of self proclaimed experts on here! :)

What I will say is the point of that tech is to help bail out the cards that would otherwise struggle. So yes (use it - its free performance; although to directly push the GPU harder I can see your point so try it without first!). I have a 3090 so in some situations the fps is high enough to not warrant DLSS but I understand its uses and always nice to be able to toggle it on. If I had a high framerate monitor I would probably be inclined to use it more.

Associate
I am no authority on DLSS I have to say, though there are plenty of self proclaimed experts on here! :)

What I will say is the point of that tech is to help bail out the cards that would otherwise struggle. So yes (use it - its free performance; although to directly push the GPU harder I can see your point so try it without first!). I have a 3090 so in some situations the fps is high enough to not warrant DLSS but I understand its uses and always nice to be able to toggle it on. If I had a high framerate monitor I would probably be inclined to use it more.

Ok thank you very much. I will run some benchmarks without it and then with it, I am looking forward to all of the RTX features, mainly DLSS. I am currently running a 1660S and DLSS has some amazing anti aliasing and i really want it mainly for that. I really do appreciate your help :D

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Ok thank you very much. I will run some benchmarks without it and then with it, I am looking forward to all of the RTX features, mainly DLSS. I am currently running a 1660S and DLSS has some amazing anti aliasing and i really want it mainly for that. I really do appreciate your help :D

Try out the voice technology very handy for noisy environments (broadcast) too.

Soldato
Ok thank you so much guys, I have a 1080p monitor and run it at 144hz. Am I right in thinking the higher graphics setting I go for the more work the GPU has to do so the CPU bottleneck will not be as intensive? I was looking at https://www.cpuagent.com/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-2600/bottleneck/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti and it says I will have a 30% bottleneck but I have also heard that to completley ignore what these sites say. I really do appreciate the replys!

It depends on the game - high FPS gaming can be more CPU intensive but it depends on the game.

Can swap for my 3600? :o

Don't you have a faster GPU than me though?? :p

Soldato
I preordered one of the inno3d ones and then watched this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9N4_dMHpu1I now im considering cancelling and preordering the zotac one instead

Do you plan on doing extreme overclocking such as LN2 or water with volt mods? If not, at worst you'll lose out on 5% from the bottom to the top.

Hell, my old Palet 1060 that I got out of a Dell machine was a big standard 1060 but had a golden sample core and Samsung RAM chips that went f I'm 8000 effective to 9400+.

It **** all over my mates FTW card for overclocking and benchmarks.

The only area it wasn't as good was cooling...but ACX cooling was ehhhhh anyway on EVGA cards.

Man of Honour
Hello everyone, I just preordered a Zotac RTX 3060ti but I was wondering if my computer will have a big problem with using that card. I currently have a Ryzen 2600 overclocked to 4.00GHz and only a CX550M Bronze corsair PSU. Ideally I don't want to upgrade just yet, would I be able to get away with these specs or would the 3060ti not have enough power / CPU give it an extreme bottleneck?

Edit: Is it also possible to see my queue position?

Ryzen 2600 has a TDP of 65W and a 3060 Ti has a TDP of 200W. Your CPU will be drawing more than 65W as it's overclocked, but probably not by enough to be a problem. My guess is that the only likely issue would be that if your PSU has a variable speed fan it will be spinning at a slightly higher speed (due to the higher load on the PSU) and thus be a little bit louder. Or maybe not - you don't say what graphics card you have in your PC now. Maybe it draws more than your 3060 Ti will. 200W isn't a particularly high power draw for a graphics card.

Associate
Ryzen 2600 has a TDP of 65W and a 3060 Ti has a TDP of 200W. Your CPU will be drawing more than 65W as it's overclocked, but probably not by enough to be a problem. My guess is that the only likely issue would be that if your PSU has a variable speed fan it will be spinning at a slightly higher speed (due to the higher load on the PSU) and thus be a little bit louder. Or maybe not - you don't say what graphics card you have in your PC now. Maybe it draws more than your 3060 Ti will. 200W isn't a particularly high power draw for a graphics card.

My current GPU is a Gigabyte 1660 super 3 fan OC. If the case is that the PSU fan would only run potentially louder that is completely fine to me; as long as it all works and it won't shut off half way through a game!

Associate
Sold my 1080ti for £500 and Pre-ordered the zotac 3060 ti oc card at £460. Wanted a 3080 but can't wait any longer so will be using the 3060 ti until next gen release. Hopefully can overclock abit or atleast undervolt if to noisy.

Associate
Sold my 1080ti for £500 and Pre-ordered the zotac 3060 ti oc card at £460. Wanted a 3080 but can't wait any longer so will be using the 3060 ti until next gen release. Hopefully can overclock abit or atleast undervolt if to noisy.
You are not going to have any issues with the 3060 Ti, no need to under volt.

Caporegime

The 3060Ti is a pretty capable card, I think you'll be pretty happy with it tbf! The 3080 is only roughly a third faster in most stuff.

Associate
The 3060Ti is a pretty capable card, I think you'll be pretty happy with it tbf! The 3080 is only roughly a third faster in most stuff.
Yeah the 3060ti still looks like a decent little upgrade. I had 980ti then 1080ti. Skipped 2080ti as prices were ridiculous but the 3080 at mrsp would be my normal price range as I always get good money selling my old cards

Back
Top Bottom