Finally: andi's new car! (56k) - now with updated pics

Soldato
Zip said:
Why do you fail to understand the choice of car :confused:

Its not a WRX but its still a bloody good car

because the only attraction of the wrx scoobs are the speed, everything else about them is average at best....and the none tubby is slower than the 2L mondeo :( It's not a BAD choice by any means, that would be a corsa or a saxo for £4k, but it's definitely not what i would choose, and see jez's point.

Tom.

Soldato
I'd much rather have a Scooby Sport than a Saxo.

Hell, I'd much rather have a Scooby Sport than a Rover :eek: :D

Ok, maybe that was a lie

Zip

Zip

Soldato
agw_01 said:

Hell, I'd much rather have a Scooby Sport than a Rover :eek: :D

Ok, maybe that was a lie

Ive seen your wall. Anbd those scoob posters on it :p

Caporegime
agw_01 said:

That would depend an awful lot on what you want to do with the car, and which scooby your talking about.

Im pretty sure that ScoobyDoo's Scooby Sport made a massive power loss through the transmission at the last rolling road day, and that power to weight, the sport is a LOT down on the saxo VTR, even moreso on the VTS.

Its also not like the VTR/S cannot outhandle a lot of cars on the road.

This is not a dig as the Scooby Sport, its a fantastic looking car, but if you want power, its not the number 1 choice (nor am I saying that a saxo is however) for the budget.

Soldato
yes mine did make a massive power loss @ the wheels, but look at how much power Sneaky Peaky lost to the wheels at powerstation...
Plus i've said it before and i'll say it again, my car with the same bhp (flywheel) as my brothers mini which apparently makes about 30bhp more at the wheels!! is slower than my car by a big margin.
these sports aren't as slow as everyone makes them out to be... ;)

Soldato
Liverpool-Lad said:
If he has more power at the wheels Im unsure why yours is quicker, it may be on launches perhaps due to better traction from 4WD.

to be honest we've only ever tried a standing start in the wet... he got slaughtered :D never tried a standing start in the dry, it's always been dual carriage ways from 35mph upwards... and well yeah he just doesn't keep up at all.. which I thought was weird as he made like just under 100bhp ATW at powerstation, and with me on the same day I made just under 70bhp ATW...
not complaining of course.. :D

Soldato
Said it before and I'll say it again - I loved my Impreza sport to bits. It got absolutely thashed day in day out and soaked it up. Nothing broke, ever.

Dont give a fig what powerstation say about the bhp atw - that's horse ****. Ok it was never going to set the world alight in a straight line but this is the UK - we have snow, rain and bends and corners and lovely big three lane islands to even things up.

Soldato
OP
It's not powerful at all, but its not down on cars that would cost me similar to insure by much. It really excells in the bends. I hate to sound like the typical SNet-er, but show it some twisties and its a hoot.

In a straight line, it ain't great, but I've seen a good driver on a twisty track show up turbo drivers.

And like has been said, there's something iffy about PS rollers..

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
andi said:
It really excells in the bends. I hate to sound like the typical SNet-er, but show it some twisties and its a hoot.

In a straight line, it ain't great, but I've seen a good driver on a twisty track show up turbo drivers.

Yep, basically has identical handling and grip to the Turbo. AFAIK the only differences are ride height and anti-roll bar strength.

Great first car IMO, not massive amounts of power to get you into loads of trouble, but loads of grip for the twisty stuff. I would have loved that as a first car :cool:

Associate
merlin said:
Said it before and I'll say it again - I loved my Impreza sport to bits. It got absolutely thashed day in day out and soaked it up. Nothing broke, ever.

Dont give a fig what powerstation say about the bhp atw - that's horse ****. Ok it was never going to set the world alight in a straight line but this is the UK - we have snow, rain and bends and corners and lovely big three lane islands to even things up.

To be fair, 60bhp loss through the 4WD drivetrain seems perfectly acceptable.

Soldato
OP
DreXeL said:
Yep, basically has identical handling and grip to the Turbo. AFAIK the only differences are ride height and anti-roll bar strength.

Great first car IMO, not massive amounts of power to get you into loads of trouble, but loads of grip for the twisty stuff. I would have loved that as a first car :cool:

No anti roll bar on the back of the sport, but thats easily solvable, either with the whiteline kit or one from a turbo.

Wonderful thing is they share 90% of the parts, so turbo stuff bolts straight on.

Last edited:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
andi said:
No anti roll bar on the back of the sport, but thats easily solvable, either with the whiteline kit or one from a turbo.

Wonderful thing is they share 90% of the parts, so turbo stuff bolts straight on.

Cusco do anti roll bars for them aswell i think

Back
Top Bottom