1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally got my dads 50th birthday present

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr House, 17 May 2006.

1. Dr House

Capodecina

After several months of searching I managed to find a nice watch from the year my dad was born.

So what do you lot think? It was last serviced in 2003 so I think its in good working order. I plan to have the hands and possible the dial restored and probably put it on a nice crocodile strap with a deployment claps however im having real difficulty finding one.

[​IMG]

I think I may also get him a personal number plate if funds allow. So what do you think of it? I think its quite an original idea to get him something the same ages as him that will last another 50 years

2. Luke

Soldato

That's a really nice idea. I hope he likes it and sees it for the thoughtful gift it obviously is.

3. Nix

Capodecina

That's nice, i'm sure he'll like it.

If your dad's 50, did he have you at your current age? ;)

I'm just messing with your mind... :o

4. pieman109

Soldato

I'd have liked summat like that a lot when I was 50, nice plain decent looking watch that. Instead trapsed aroung shakespear's birthplace with the missus.

5. Matblack

Capodecina

Got my father a bottle of wine from the year he was born for his 50th, he was very pleased.

MB

6. gib786

Banned

thats really nice, a thoughtfull gesture, im sure he'll love it! how much was it? (if you dont mind me asking!)

7. iCraig

PermaBanned

You and your bloody watches Paras :p

8. Dr House

Capodecina

ah thats a really good idea.

iCraig, yah i know but I dont spend on computer anymore a decent rolex is around the same price as a top end pc. But I do seem to be getting into them more and more.

gib786, thanks. I dont really want to post a price because my brother uses this forum also lol ;)

9. Maz

Soldato

Thats a nice watch!

Been looking for one like that for ages, mainly on eBay for my dad!

Not found a decent one in my price range - but defo get it restored to as new as possible and a black crocodile strap would look very nice with it.

10. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

I'm 50 in 2 years time and if my kids buy me a watch I'll throw it in the bin.
    Rock t-shirts for the win or perhaps tickets for me and their mum to go and see Slayer etc.

11. Rotty

Don

restoring vintage watches often has a detrimental effect on value though on a Datejust shouldn't affect it too much

12. iSam

Soldato

Wow, nice watch, leave the strap as it is, it really suits it.