Finally taken some pictures of my new toy

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the great comments guys, Im really pleased with the car. The comments i get with it are great, from young kids giving it the thumbs up at the road side to the older generation stopping me in car parks for a chat about it.

My last car was this

sti8dusk.jpg

and similarly to Rotty i got fed up with the boy racer image, from a performance comparision the STi had bags more power & torque (300bhp+, 300lb/ft+) and you initially feel that it is nowhere near as quick,
But the exige is deceptive. im pretty sure in the dry the STi would not know which way it went, in the wet it would be a different matter though.

As for track days im currently booked for 1 a month till may with more to book.

I dont intend to take the top off it, but if i do get the urge it only takes 5 mins to do.

No the pic's werent taken near shrewbury, im up north on the cumbrian coast in whitehaven.

Thanks Guys :cool:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I love the new toy. It makes me hapy that someone can fit in it. AS I CANNOT. :mad:
Well i can get in but i cannot turn the wheel. :(
Definetly time to get rid of that old scooby though its knowhere near shiney enouth. :eek:

Lovely cars mate you have taste. :cool:

Permabanned
All this talk of taking the hard top off etc....ITS AN EXIGE! The hardtop doesnt come off, its a roof!

The simple way to tell is its got an air scoop on the roof, elise hard tops dont have them.

anyway, very nice car but not somthing i could live with as a daily driver.

Associate
The_Dark_Side said:
careful,let's not get too carried away here.

Think I’d have to agree with him. It think you’d be hard pushed to find a road car that would out handle the elise/exige in any track or road situation with out the aid of silly electronic interference and mod con’s. Think its gona be a long time till we get a new road car that has more true handling ability via mechanical grip and good chassis dynamics than the elise/exige.

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:
careful,let's not get too carried away here.
Lotus practically wrote the book on car handling. They invented disc brakes too. A lot of other car manufacturers turn to Lotus to get their chassis's tuned. So no, I don't think I was getting carried away at all :)

Don
NathanE said:
Lotus practically wrote the book on car handling. They invented disc brakes too. A lot of other car manufacturers turn to Lotus to get their chassis's tuned. So no, I don't think I was getting carried away at all :)

the also wrote the book on unreliable pieces of poo, my exige was in the garage more than it was ever on the road

never again

Soldato
rossyl said:
intresting comment by Will Gill...but more details needed..what exactly was wrong?

Also do Lotus' not have any traction control??

Nope, no PAS, no airbag, no ABS.

Generally I don' think Lotus deserve a reputation for poor reliability these days, other than the K series HGF which you do read a lot about.

Soldato
wolvotim said:
Think I’d have to agree with him. It think you’d be hard pushed to find a road car that would out handle the elise/exige in any track or road situation with out the aid of silly electronic interference and mod con’s. Think its gona be a long time till we get a new road car that has more true handling ability via mechanical grip and good chassis dynamics than the elise/exige.
355 was the first car i thought of.
superior to the Lotus.

the Lotus is Very Very good,don't misunderstand me....but it's not the best handling production car ever made.
Will Gill said:
the also wrote the book on unreliable pieces of poo, my exige was in the garage more than it was ever on the road

never again
agreed,you don't have to go back very far to find a time when Lotus stood for:-
Lots
Of
Trouble
Usually
Serious

much better now though.

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:
355 was the first car i thought of.
superior to the Lotus.

the Lotus is Very Very good,don't misunderstand me....but it's not the best handling production car ever made.

I certainly wouldn't put the 355 up there. The 360 was better and twitchy at speed, the 430 better still. A properly setup Elise I still think is right up there.

Handling wise an Exige is hardly any different to an Elise.

996 GT3 RS and Noble M400 are up there too.

Back
Top Bottom