Finding AS Levels difficult...

Associate
Its pretty simple really. Go to the lessons, Do the work that is set, get good grades.

Yes the jump from GCSE is big, but its what you are there for. A levels are optional, and if you are good enough to take them, do them properly. 2 years passes in no time at all, and youll be gutted if you doss around thinking you have more time than you do.

Associate
Listen, its not that hard, suck it up do the work- IT WILL BE WORTH IT. AS is rediculously easy - only a shade harder than GCSE. You will need good results to get into a good university. Also, make sure u understand that A2 jump is MUCH bigger.

Soldato
a2 is harder in history. Its always technically harder. Its just you get better at the subject so it can seem easier.

Only reason i could see for some one thinking as was much hader in history would be they didnt get on well with the 1st year stuff. Doesnt mean the questions were harder.

Man of Honour
Phnom_Penh said:
I never really did much for AS and got ABCC. Im predicted ABB for A2 and I need something like ECC for Uni.

/Goes to slack.

As long as that gets you into a decent Uni, awsome. Just beware that sometimes lesser university degrees arn't worth much if you wish to pursue your subject of choice even further.

Associate
I found them a big step up from GCSE, got 1 A*, 2 As, 5 Bs, and 1 C at GCSE, and got DDDC at AS. Partly because I lost any motivation to work, but that in turn was caused by the fact that I found it all much harder, and was the worst of the class in all subjects. Am just trying to keep those grades this year, maybe improving a bit (re-took/taking many of the exams from last year) as they are what I need for uni.
My personal opinion is that you should keep trying, just do your best, and if you feel that you still can't do everything, try to talk to someone about it - the teachers are there to help you, even if they don't seem too helpful in lessons. I didn't do that, and am now really regretting it

Soldato
Nitefly said:
As long as that gets you into a decent Uni, awsome. Just beware that sometimes lesser university degrees arn't worth much if you wish to pursue your subject of choice even further.

The original requirements might've been higher and they just made him a low offer.

Soldato
It's hard to find motivation unless you have some unerring love for the subject, but I find that if you can spread the workload consistantly, you can easily get through the work required. I'm in my last year of the IB and I've got a ton of work to do (final exams in May . . . 2 years of stuff to learn) but I still find time to do other stuff like playing music. I just set aside 2 hours or so a day to do work :)

Associate
Rich1988 said:
Im doing them right now and there BLOODY HARD doing physics though when i suck at it to begin with may have been a factor

If you need any help mate, PM me, doing a degree in it so should be able to help out where possible.

Woody

EDIT. PS, keep at it, I was carp at it when i first started, and never dreamed of doing it as a degree. But it turns out its the best thing i ever did. Absolutely loving it. :D

Associate
umm, can you see my email addy in my public profile? if you can, and want too, use that ill get back to you.

Thats strange, it wont let me either. (God forbid i didnt see it in the FAQ) Does anyone know why i might not be able to do this?

Back
Top Bottom