1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firefox and OCUK board themes?

Discussion in 'HGP Archive' started by WantoN, 30 Nov 2005.

1. WantoN

Capodecina

Hey fellas,
    I hear on the ol' grapevine you can customise the look of OCUK using firefox... Anyone care to explain how?

Cheers,
    Ant :cool:

2. Augmented

Soldato

See the delights of your usercontent.css.

You can use this file, located in you profile chrome folder, to have standard (and proprietry) CSS rules applied whenever a page is rendered. Bear in mind that these rules will be applied to all sites, so you really need to be specific on your rules to target the correct elements.

For example, if you wished to remove the Google toolbar link from the Google results pages, you could use the following rule:
    Code:
    body[onload="document.gs.reset()"] > center > br:first-child + table { display: none !important;}
    However, with the release of Firefox 1.5, you can now target specific domains. robmiller has previously posted a handy guide to do this. In case that thread gets pruned:

3. happytechie

Soldato

Sooooooooo could a complete HTML / CSS numptie like me get a completely white set of forums?

HT

4. robmiller

Capodecina

Well the grey one I posted is pretty white. If you want it all white, though, you can just change the hex colours appropriately - I presume you'll want all the backgrounds to be white, and all the colours to be black.

This one should sort ye:

Code:
    @-moz-document domain(forums.overclockers.co.uk) {
    	/* 
    	** OcUK colour scheme changer 
    	** By Rob Miller
    	*/
    	* { background:#fff !important; color:#000 !important; }
    	.vbmenu_popup { border: 1px solid #ccc !important; }
    }

5. happytechie

Soldato

cheers, boss, I was just about to edit it :D

HT

6. mortals

Mobster

nice :)

here's my new boring one

Code:
    @-moz-document domain(forums.overclockers.co.uk) {
    	/* 
    	** OcUK colour scheme changer 
    	** By Rob Miller
    	*/
    	body, .page, .thead, .tfoot, .alt2, .alt2Active, .panel { background-color: #576271 !important; color:#FFFFFF !important; }
    	.alt1, .alt1Active, .panelsurround, .vbmenu_option { background-color: #a7b2b8 !important; color:#000000 !important; }
    	.vbmenu_control, .vbmenu_hilite, .tcat { background-color: #596774 !important; }
    	.vbmenu_popup { border: 1px solid #FFFFFF !important; }
    	a:link, a:visited { color: #000000 !important; }
    }
    Sort of grey/blue

Last edited: 30 Nov 2005
  7. Flanders

Hitman

Would it be possible to use this method to replace images? Such as the "Reply", "New Thread" buttons etc?

:)

8. uchuff

Wise Guy

I don't think so as they are specified as images rather than text links with image backgrounds. You could use this method to change background images - I would imagine you could do the other with a Greasemonkey javascript, although I haven't got round to playing with that yet.