1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firefox Encryption Question

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Mana, 2 Mar 2006.

1. Mana

Mobster

hi there, i recently have started encrypted areas of my hard drives that i wish to remain private etc.

I am using a wicked program called bestcrypt which allows u to create partitions on your hard drives. You can then enter all your personal files, passwords etc in there and then when u turn off your pc or unmount the partition they all get encrypted up.

What i now want to encrypt are the files that i have associated with firefox. For example i wish to have my bookmarks, username and passwords, saved form data etc all encrypted. Does anyone know the directory where firefox keeps all this information?

I understand that there is the folder: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

but i believe that other information that i want to encrypt is held in another location.

Also if i wanted to move all these programs and files to another partition say X: would i have to reinstall everything? or would that not work as the bookmarks etc are all installed/saved in a path deep in my userfiles.

thanks in advance.

2. tntcoder

Mobster

C:\Documents and Settings\Jack\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

I think the main data is in there.

3. bledd

Don

portable firefox may be better suited for you..

4. binaryknight

Wise Guy

slightly ot but why use bestcrypt why not just use ntfs encryption, ie you log on all your folders are usable, some one logs on under a different acc and get access denied?

5. Mana

Mobster

bestcrypt is more secure, the type of things that i get up to i need the best security.

does this portable firefox allow extensions and favourites and themes?