1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firefox problem.

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by G-MAN2004, 5 May 2006.

1. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

Hey.
    Since ive had Firefox the apostrophe button sometimes works and sometimes brings up the search bar but now it only brings the search bar up.
    How do i change it so that i can have my apostrophes back :( :p
    Thanks.

EDIT: It has now changed from the apostrophe to my forward slash button :confused: :mad:

Last edited: 5 May 2006
  2. Logan09

Hitman

If you've not selected a text field then most buttons bring up the find as you type search box. But if you've selected a text field then they should act as normal.

3. Al Vallario

Mobster

You might want to have a look at this thread; you're not the only one who is experiencing this. In actual fact, pressing the ' key is a keyboard shortcut which should bring up the search bar and allow you to search for links only.

If you want to disable this feature inside text fields, open up about:config (Type that into the address bar), look for the accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar entry, right click on it and select "Reset." That should set the value to 1 and sort the 'problem' out :)

4. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

Thanks^^