• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Firestrike Ultra 4K Bench.

Soldato
So 12 months since i got my RX 480 i decide to play with voltages instead of just leaving it on auto :)

Sapphire RX 480 (4GB) Nitro+ @1440/1750 (Driver 17.8.1) On Air.
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.8GHz On Air.

Score 3194

Graphics Score 3171
Physics Score 15567
Combined Score 1495

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13437964

Am i doing it right?

rXI8Z9E.png

Things have changed since my 7950 :)

I've read not to go over 1.25v but i dont even wana touch that.

Caporegime
Future mark need to patch this stuff to get the best out if hcc cpu's. Above 10 is diminished returns.
Agreed, scaling is terrible on Firestrike, and poor on Timespy. Timespy Extreme should be better though. :)

"Time Spy was designed for systems with up to 8 cores / 16 threads. It has a bottleneck (as intended) that means it does not scale much beyond that. This is not really a bug - it benchmarks the type of PCs it was designed for just fine. Most games do not scale much beyond this either, so it realistically reflects the gaming performance of these systems - you see exact same lack of scaling in games as well. Currently we have no plans to modify the test. Instead we will be adding Time Spy Extreme test soon that will have a redesigned CPU test (and otherwise graphics tests bumped to 4K) that will support the "core wars" that have started. Current plan is that it should scale to at least 28 cores / 56 threads, possibly to 32 / 64. On Fire Strike the CPU test also does not scale to this type of core counts. Same thing applies as to Time Spy. "

https://community.futuremark.com/fo...0x-Low-CPU-Score-in-Timespy-Firestirk-Any-fix

Man of Honour
OP
Agreed, scaling is terrible on Firestrike, and poor on Timespy. Timespy Extreme should be better though. :)

"Time Spy was designed for systems with up to 8 cores / 16 threads. It has a bottleneck (as intended) that means it does not scale much beyond that. This is not really a bug - it benchmarks the type of PCs it was designed for just fine. Most games do not scale much beyond this either, so it realistically reflects the gaming performance of these systems - you see exact same lack of scaling in games as well. Currently we have no plans to modify the test. Instead we will be adding Time Spy Extreme test soon that will have a redesigned CPU test (and otherwise graphics tests bumped to 4K) that will support the "core wars" that have started. Current plan is that it should scale to at least 28 cores / 56 threads, possibly to 32 / 64. On Fire Strike the CPU test also does not scale to this type of core counts. Same thing applies as to Time Spy. "

https://community.futuremark.com/fo...0x-Low-CPU-Score-in-Timespy-Firestirk-Any-fix

Individual CPU score on Firestrike Ultra and Time Spy adds very little to the overall score even if the CPU performs well.

The score to keep an eye on is the combined score in Firestrike as this can make a big difference and does not need a CPU with loads of cores.

Back
Top Bottom