First Car ideas, Part Deux!

Soldato
The Snorkel and panel filter wont be too detectable. Seems crazy that the guy isnt using the 2.0l auto air deflector with the st170 snorkel.

Not sure you will get insurance on that one, you will have to just try and get a quote at the cheapest place.

Also so it has rear disc brakes? Thats going to increase it a bit really as the car came with drums.

Soldato
OP
Its just the superchip thing and the alloys the major sort of stuff.

When I ring up say norwich union for a quote do i have to supply the reg of the car or is it the same as qouting on ther net where you don't have to type it in?

cheers

Soldato
OP
saitrix said:
The Snorkel and panel filter wont be too detectable. Seems crazy that the guy isnt using the 2.0l auto air deflector with the st170 snorkel.

Not sure you will get insurance on that one, you will have to just try and get a quote at the cheapest place.

Also so it has rear disc brakes? Thats going to increase it a bit really as the car came with drums.

yeah thats what Im thinking.

Soldato
OP
I will be talling the insurence company everything that I know thats on the car, Its just those parts Ive named above that I think will make it rise more than some lights, mudflaps etc.

Soldato
OP
I just went and had a look at a mk5 Zetec-S in Imp Blue and its really nice.
I found it on autotrader, the guy is asking £3600 with 60k miles.

All standard. looks lovely, just wondering your thoughts on this car?

cheers

Soldato
I'm in the same boat as you mate.

I'm umming an arrring about what to get!

I have 3.5k to spend on a car.

I will not drive around in a car that is cheaper than £1k. I have been driving around in a brand new mini 1 since Jan and the step down would be huge.

I have flicked through the auto trader, and I love the Fiesta Zetec S, especially in imp blue. Problem is, it's damn hard to find one not modified. I don't want crappy lexus lights, they look crap :D I do like the Zetec S though!

I have the option of a Pug 306 1.9 TD/ 2.0 HDI, Ford Focus 1.6/1.8 Zetec or Fiesta Zetec S.

I will want to keep this car, and not get bored with it, like I would with a Corsa SXI etc.

Soldato
digitalwolf,

Out of your list i would personally go for the 1.8 Focus Zetec, just get the climate pack aswell and it will be really nice. Handles very well and the extra space could come in handly. I also prefer the looks then the Fiesta and the Focus will be nicer down motorway if you need to do any.

If you cant get a decent Focus in your budget then go for the 1.6 Fiesta Zetec-S.

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I looking in the wrong place or something?

I can't seem to find a decent spec'd 3 door focus 1.6 zetec :D

(Autotrader)

Can't seem to find many focus 1.6 zetecs with ABS in my price range!

Soldato
digitalwolf said:
I personally, think they look more sporty as 3 door.

I know you'll all say why, it's just one of them things.

Like I think black cars look more sporty.

But not worth getting a worse car for that single reason. I went for 5 door purely because i saw the deal for mine, i would have got either, really trust me and dont limit yourself with silly little things as number of doors or colour.

Seriously doubt you will know much at all off that collection. They dont go that cheap compared to the normal Zetec.

Soldato
saitrix said:
But not worth getting a worse car for that single reason. I went for 5 door purely because i saw the deal for mine, i would have got either, really trust me and dont limit yourself with silly little things as number of doors or colour.

Seriously doubt you will know much at all off that collection. They dont go that cheap compared to the normal Zetec.

I really am tempted to get a Fiesta 1.25 Zetec just as a run around for a year.

I'm sick to death of public transport.

Soldato
digitalwolf said:
I really am tempted to get a Fiesta 1.25 Zetec just as a run around for a year.

I'm sick to death of public transport.

Not bad car and not too slow. How about the 1.4 Zetec? Only a little slower then the 1.6 Focus really. Ideally the 1.6 Zetec-S though if insurance is ok.

If you want info on the 1.6 Zetec-S ask Sam on OcUK, he use to own one before his FRP.

Back
Top Bottom