Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
EDIT: new post, look for 'First PC Build - V2' for the new thread

Greetings Everybody, I'm Mfierro13.

The Following is my first budget build, costing me around 800$ USD in my country.

I would gladly take any advice/criticism for my choices, as I just learned all I know about PCs and building them during the last 3 days, via youtube primarily, and been choosing the items to fit in my budget based on that same method.

EDIT: changed my parts; link below

https://imgur.com/a/xXyFApg

Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Processor: Ryzen 5 2600 (110 usd)

Cooling: Wraith Prism (50usd)

VideoCard: GTX 1660 Ti (230 usd)

MotherBoard: B450M-A/CSM (105 usd)
Why do you list the price of the Prism separately? If you can get the 2600 OEM then buy a better third party cooler.

But, from your list/budget the board should ideally be a A520M (more upgrade potential), a 1660 Super and 3600 (with cooler included) and minimum 3200MHz memory ideally for Ryzen.

Is getting up to date stock an issue?

*Note - you can't name other retailers on this forum - but as you clearly live in another country you could hint so we know what prices/availability of stock you have (OcUK shouldn't mind as it's not direct competition).

Soldato
I priced the prism separately because I'm buying the cpu off a friend and found the prism at aliexpress.
Second hand 2600 no problem (great CPU second hand) - but full price prism not a good idea, not even second hand. It's an OK cooler when included in bundled price new - but a poor choice when buying a cooler separately.

Getting up to date stock is defenitly an issue at the moment in my country (Chile). Covid-19 has depleted the supply of most stores.
It's been the same here up until recently - but a 3rd party 120mm tower cooler 'should' be cheaper and will cool far more effectively and quietly.

Something similar to this:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Your welcome to list model/brands you can get hold of.

I'm going for these RAM cards cause they are the ones available at my budget at the moment, anything else comes at double the prize. Will these cause an issue with a 2600? (Already have the 2600 so there is no turning back on that choice).
I think you are referring to the memory speed? (don't apologise my Spanish is next to zero - i marvel at other countries bilingual skills)

Ideally, it would be 3200MHz for Ryzen but 3000MHz really is not a problem and you may be able to get to to 3200MHz using this ---> Clicky. Plus, the small speed difference is certainly not worth any extra cost (especially double).

Soldato
You put down:Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1tb (55 usd)

That is a mechanical drive: You'll be so so much better off getting the WD Blue SSD 1Tb , I think it's £95 on this site. You put a max of +-20% but you really need to go up on that Seagate, it will transform the OS.

Edit:The WD Blue is a solid state drive, there is no reason to have a mechanical drive for your OS, not with the prices now for 1tb SSDs.

Can you stretch to the WD Blue?

Motherboard:

B450M Mortar Max £85

Last edited:
Soldato
Should I delete the links? If only OcUK made deliveries to Chile I'd be ordering my whole build off them haha
Yes, i would delete link - name/price is sufficient.

I would get the cheapest considering your limited budget - the Raijintek Themis Black. It's almost half the price of the Wraith and will be more efficient and a lot quieter - win, win.

*Note it's 158mm in height - which is the maximum tolerance for cooler height for you listed case. Shouldn't be an issue as it's within spec and they usually err on the side of caution - but thought i should mention.

I feel kinda skeptic towards liquid cooling, so I try to avoid those options (5 & 10)
And i'm, personally, not a fan of AIOs - especially cheap ones. Arguably noisier than decent air coolers and more points of failure.

Soldato
I'm buying a Disco Duro 1TB para PC 3.5", Seagate BarraCuda, 7200rpm, SATA 6Gb/s, Cache 64MB, and ALSO buying a kingston A400 480gb ssd; I'm going for the mechanical harddrive just to have more storage available. Sadly OcUK doesn't ship to my country (Chile), so I gotta do with what's on the market right now.

Oh I see, yes .Well the ssd will make it better for your OS.

Associate
OP
xXyFApg

Made a few changes to the build, don't know how to insert a picture... Also I don't know if I should edit my first post? Well, whomever reads this will know

New Specs, price in clp and price in usd in the link

I’m open to any suggestions/changes in the components of the build, but, having this build in mind, I don’t really know what specs I need in my future monitor.
(Size / Hz / Refresh Rate / Resolution / Etc ... )
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom