First game you played?

Soldato
Could well have been this:

spe_colin.jpg

Cool game. Very difficult though..and never managed to make it to the airport. :p

Man of Honour
Doonhamer said:
Some wall breaker game on the zx81.

Me too. Shame my dad chucked out the zx81 a few years back as it's probably worth a few quid now :(

First proper game would be one that came on the discs with the Amstrad CPC 6128 - something like Supertest (hello broken joystick), roland in time, doors of doom, hunchback2 or something like that.

Man of Honour
Hack (predecessor to Nethack) on the company Sun Unix system in about 1981.

The DOS port of Nethack was the first game I ever installed on my first computer of my own. It's been on every computer since.

M

Soldato
Seriously can't remember, it was some spectrum thing I think, where you controlled this little man with a boingy board and had to bounce your chum up into the air.

I must have been about 4.

Remember when it was a monumental occasion completing a game? :D You can do most new games in a few days now if you play on them solidly.

I remember tearing my hair out at virtually every single game on the Master System, and getting tendonitis at the same time :o

Soldato
Reading this thread it is good to know that some of you are as old, if not older, than me - for a time I thought everyone on this forum was about 21!

My first was caterpiller on the Dragon 32.

Soldato
Not sure I can remember the 1st game I played at home, bt it must have been one of the games my dad had on the Atari 2600, so I guess something like Adventure
s_Adventure_2.png

or Raiders of the Lost Ark:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark_3.jpg

or Pitfall 2
s_Pitfall2_1.png

Soldato
Good ol 64. Only reason my dad bought it was because there was a closing down sale in an electrical store. I must have been 7 at the time. I could only play Robocop though because the tape deck was broken until I fixed it with celeotape and 007 all the way until my mum saw the celotape and was like OMG!!!111. :(

The I got some atari thing that has asteroids and some game where I could bomb U boats until my parents bought me a megadrive when the N64 and PSX just came out. Cheap or what.

Soldato
Pong would have been my first game, played on my parents old bright orange Binatone console thing. Had a choice of about 5 games on it, all pong based and came with two controllers with just simple knobs... Was great fun, still play it occasionly to this day when I visit my parents.

After that we got a BBCB Micro and I played loads of the old classics on that:)

Back
Top Bottom