First gaming pc full AMD!

Associate
Hi. I will build my first gaming pc in April. I posted a thread 2 months ago but some of the components has changed. I think that's the final build and i don't want to change anything if there are no compatibilites issues. So the pc is:
-HDD WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA3 64MB 7200RPM
-AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz Socket AM4 + Wraith Stealth Box processor
-MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX Socket AM4
-Segotep Wider X3 case
-Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16 Dual Channel ram
-PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5600XT OC 6GB GDDR6 192-bit gpu
-SSD Kingston KC2000 250GB M.2 PCIe Gen3.0 x 4 NVMe
-Seasonic M12II Bronze EVO Edition 620W modular psu
I really need your opinion!
Thanks!

Soldato
OK
The case = seems too cheap to sticking all that decent hardware in, looking at pictures of it & the price, I would imagine it will have the build quality of a baked bean tin. doesn't look like the airflow will be good either.
PSU = Seasonic make good PSU's on the whole but that PSU has been out a fair while, I'd spend a bit more & buy one of their slightly more expensive ones as they have 7 years warranty on their basic gold rated units.

Associate
I would try and stretch to a bigger SSD as that will fill up pretty quick and you may end up installing some games on the mechanical hard drive. Even a 500GB one would be much better.

Associate
OP
I would try and stretch to a bigger SSD as that will fill up pretty quick and you may end up installing some games on the mechanical hard drive. Even a 500GB one would be much better.
I'm planning to install just the operating system on it. Games will go on the hdd.

Associate
OP
OK
The case = seems too cheap to sticking all that decent hardware in, looking at pictures of it & the price, I would imagine it will have the build quality of a baked bean tin. doesn't look like the airflow will be good either.
PSU = Seasonic make good PSU's on the whole but that PSU has been out a fair while, I'd spend a bit more & buy one of their slightly more expensive ones as they have 7 years warranty on their basic gold rated units.
I would like to but that's my budget. I can't go highter.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I would like to but that's my budget. I can't go higher.

OK, Now this is your proposed PSU:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £93.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

This is my suggestion:

Total: £100.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Now my suggestion is more up to date spec, more efficient, probably a higher tier PSU than the M12ii EVO (google is your friend when searching for PSU Tier list) It may have a better cooling fan too (Cant confirm that)
It semi Modular as opposed to Full modular, but the 2 captive cables are for your Motherboard (ATX 24pin & 12v 8pin ATX) which you are going to use anyway. All for an extra £7- .

Or you could make a compromise & save a little bit:

Total: £90.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Assuming you buy the case specced in the OP (or something like it) the PSU and any spare cables will be hidden so just cable tie together any cables you dont use. Job done.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
OK, Now this is your proposed PSU:

Total: £93.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)

This is my suggestion:

Total: £100.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Now my suggestion is more up to date spec, more efficient, probably a higher tier PSU than the M12ii EVO (google is your friend when searching for PSU Tier list) It may have a better cooling fan too (Cant confirm that)
It semi Modular as opposed to Full modular, but the 2 captive cables are for your Motherboard (ATX 24pin & 12v 8pin ATX) which you are going to use anyway. All for an extra £7- .

Or you could make a compromise & save a little bit:

Total: £90.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Assuming you buy the case specced in the OP (or something like it) the PSU and any spare cables will be hidden so just cable tie together any cables you dont use. Job done.
Yes, I think I will go with the 89.99£ one. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom