First Gpu custom loop (vega56), need some help with parts.

Soldato
Hello there,

I want to get one of these vega blocks for my card, that bit i can manage (i.e taking apart the card and fitting the block)
What happens next is a new mystery to me, i will need a radiator and pump and resevoir and pipes, this is where i have no idea what to buy.
Could someone help me choose the best of these overclockers water blocks and the correct parts to go with it to make it work? I have an Phantek eclipse glass p400s case.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Soldato
Until someone more knowledgeable chimes in I can give give basic outline.

So basic parts you already know what to get:
graphics card water block
reservoir
pump
tubing - https://www.ekwb.com/blog/fittings-and-tubing-guide/
fittings(things that you tighten the tubing at connections) You would need to choose which tube size you want and make sure to get the right size fittings for it.
radiator, not sure what size of radiator but 360 (ie the one that can fit 3 120mm fans) would be the best obviously.

There are combos of reservoir + pump in one, they help as they cut down on need for more tubing and fitting but last time I checked they are not as powerful.

For a basic gpu custom loop you would set up a reservoir, connect with tube and fittings to a pump below, then connect pump to gpu in, then gpu out tube goes into radiator in, radiator out goes into top of reservoir. So this set up would need 8 fittings. More if you set up a drain outlet, I did not set up for my loop and its a pain to drain it, coolant everywhere.

Also when you finish the loop, place paper towels and towels everywhere, I always had a leak on the first test run, no matter how tight I screw on the fittings.

For coolant go with something simple as some fancy mixed cloud colours are apparently only for show and do not last for a long time. Technically people say you would need to drain the loop every 6-12month but I had mine for like 3 years without any touch up and it ran no problem.

Back
Top Bottom