First Light (World War II Book)

Associate
Just finished reading this and thought I'd point it out to anyone with an interest in World War II, Particularly the life of a Fighter Pilot.

The book is called First Light and was written by Geoffrey Wellum. It follows him from the outbreak of War when he signed up to the RAF as a fighter pilot at just 17 years old all the way through his training and the various sorties he flew over northern France and onto his part in Operation Pedestal (keeping Malta in the hands of the allies).

It's very well written and gives an extraordinary view into what these young lads went through. If anyone's intrested, it's for sale at £6.99 from a well known online book/cd store :).

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up, i may take a look at this.

I am currently reading through books by Stephen E. Ambrose. A compelling read throughout.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the heads up, i may take a look at this.

I am currently reading through books by Stephen E. Ambrose. A compelling read throughout.

What one are you reading? I think I've read most of them except the D-Day landings one. Thats still on the shelf for a rainy day.

I think I'd say that First Light is written in the same easy way to read as the Ambrose books but the difference is that G.Wellum was actually there were as Ambrose information was all from secondary sources.

Back
Top Bottom