1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First proper crysis 2 trailer

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by synixx, 9 Apr 2010.

1. synixx

Wise Guy

Thank God we've finally got something that gives us a hint of what might happen in the game! Looks very good if you ask me, crytek seems to have learned something about creating atmosphere and drama. Although crysis 1 is undoubtably one of my favourite games it lacked slightly in that regard IMO.

http://www.sosnewyork.com/

Better Quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbM-1uxuRJs&fmt=22

Also found this. The story is being written by Richard Morgan.

source

Last edited: 9 Apr 2010
  2. MotherMayI

Wise Guy

Seeing as the first ones success was almost entirely based around its ground breaking graphics, and not about its sub standard game play, it doesn't look like they have pushed the visuals forward enough to me. That being said, it looks interesting, and I'll no doubt play it - Hopefully the lack of graphical improvements means they spent more time on the actual game this time. Trailers makes me more interested as well, if a bit 28 days later esque.

3. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

hmmm would of been nice to see pc footage but maybe soon. hate when they use console footage :(

looks like it will be half decent

4. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

Crysis still looks better than anything else I've played anyway so I can't see why that is a disappointing thing. If they made it better people would only start whining again like they did on the first game!

Looking forward to this though, trailer sets a nice scene :D

5. Dave****

Mobster

Thing I didn't like too much in that review was how it said, "PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, and PC."

Like PC is the last because they don't really give two ***** about that platform anymore.

Yes, I am bitter. :p

6. Langlest

Wise Guy

the detail on those pictures compared to how small they are in the scene is impressive but im getting sick of how developers use soft music like that with the trailers, i know its supposed to be some artsy contrast nonsense but its getting a bit sad now, first gears of war did it, then killzone 2 and now crysis

7. shauncr91

Capodecina

Is this a proper song or made for the game?

8. Boozebeard

Wise Guy

Well imo the first one went down hill form a gameplay perspective once you started fighting the aliens so if this one is entirely about fighting aliens then it could be abit pants. On the other hand these ones seem humanoid so maybe it will be ok.

9. sbweightman

Hitman

New York being destroyed by aliens... how original.

10. VoG

Soldato

proper song clicky clicky

11. XPE

Soldato

Who releases a cgi movie for a games sequel that's looks worse than the 1st game :confused:

12. Smit

Soldato

Got big hopes for this one but the trailer didn't really show anything :(

13. BaDBoY_uK

Soldato

A company who have realised that there's gold in them there console hills... Those graphics that you refer to were probably never seen by console gimps. Therefore, anything would look better. I imagine I won't be buying this game until someone tells me it's awesome on the PC and that you can ramp the graphics up

Is this going to be DX11?

14. SS-89

Sgarrista

that looked game-engine rendered to me and probably console footage

15. synixx

Wise Guy

console footage? wtf it looks far better than the original crysis on very high to me!

16. gord

Capodecina

Like-minded.
    Paranoid.
    Young.
    Recommend Specs.
    Rational.
    Irrational.

17. Th3D0n

Wise Guy

just what i was thinking

18. MystaEB

Hitman

Looking good. Very good.

19. neoboy

Capodecina

Surprised it only has low resolution video on the site, I recommend people watch it in HD on youtube before making comments. The footage is very CGI like in the way it's presented but wouldn't be surprised if it's rendered by the game engine. It's a bit hard to compare the graphics to the original game since they are set in totally different settings.

Other than that it's a difficult to say much about the game yet, we already knew that it will be set in New York and aliens invaded and we seen that scenario many times now in both games and films. Still there's always room for improvement and I'm not expecting much in terms of originality from this anyway so as long as implementation is good this may well turn out to be a good game.

So frankly I'm going to wait until some proper in-game footage appears before making a judgement. Admittedly cross platform release is a concern but hey without that this sequel may not have even happened and hopefull they stick to their promise of paying PC version extra attention.

20. Ali195

Wise Guy

This has got me excited! You really get the feeling in order for this to work on consoles Crytek have pull out the stops for a story...aliens looks alot better (more menacing anyway). But i worry about none stop action being the driving theme, as Crysis had lots of stealth/calm/panic (combined?) moments that would only get water down (Warhead anyone?) if used too much. Wtf they been doing for these past couple of years anyway? Engine was already built ffs. I want jesus on a stick to come with my suit damn it :D