1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First (sort of) good camera :)

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by bam0, 14 Aug 2006.

1. bam0

Soldato

Celebrating the arrival of my first decent camera.
    Decent in terms of giving me the chance to play with many different settings and get a feel for what you can actually do with a camera.
    Got a Casio EX-P505 off the bay for £130 (awesome price), £1.78 so I can use the US plugged charger in the UK and picked up a 2 gig SD card from OCUK.

All I have to do now is find something to take pictures of :)

I would ask for advice but i'm guessing there's plenty already in the sticky. Hopefully i'll be able to post again soon with some decent pics.

2. bam0

Soldato

I said decent pics, but... :)
    I guess i've just been playing with it, taking pics as and when I can, seeing how different settings turn out, after seeing the ibiza style sunset thread earlier I thought i'd have a go and see what I could get from outside my house.
    [​IMG]
    Clouds must have been moving faster than I expected as that was a 20 sec exposure, although I think it's come out darker than you might expect as I had the ND filter set on. I'm literally shooting in the dark here (boom tish ;)) Any suggestions on how to improve anything of it, even if you think it's utterly awful as is, very welcome.

btw: the darkness of the fore buildings was intentional, as was their prominence and the angles they cut into the frame.