First soundcard

Raj

Raj

Associate
Im building my first PC and its my first soundcard, ive chosen the following:

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX Sound Card - OEM - £30.50

I already own a set of 7.1 medium okish Creative speakers and was wondering a few things.

1) Is this the best soundcard for its money for playing games and listening to music (im no audiophile)

2) Does OEM just mean no manuals, no shiny box and no driver CDs? or is there more to it?

Thanks in advance, Raj

Associate
The card is an absolute steal for the price. Most people won't notice any real difference between this card and the X-Fi (I can, but it's not night and day), and it's massively cheaper. Best bang-for-buck card out there I reckon.

They usually do come with the driver CD though (my old OEM Audigy2ZS did anyway), as you can't get the control panel etc from the Creative page.

Raj

Raj

Associate
OP
Are there any wires missing? like the wire that goes between the CD/DVD drive and the sound card thing?

Raj

Raj

Associate
OP
Is it likely that i will notice the differance between onboard sound of a Gigabyte DS3 and this, i know its a personal thing, i cannot tell the differance in bit rate past 192 kbs?

Basically is it worth spending it on the sound card, i do play a lot of games, just coudl spend the money on going from E6300 to E6400.

Thanks in advance, Raj

Back
Top Bottom