1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Fitted new Zalman VF700.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Robert, 16 Feb 2006.

1. Robert

Capodecina

Well all went to plan. Now running at 44degc idle and 68ish load. That's down from 54/88 respectively. Hopefully my problem will have gone :p.

Also CS:S doesn't seem to stutter as much when the physics come into play...hmm! Generally feels smoother as well.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2006
  2. pieman109

Soldato

What vid card mate?

3. Robert

Capodecina

It's an X800XT.

4. loltim

Capodecina

68°C load isn't exactly cool, though a 20°C drop is nothing to grumble about. Is your ambient temp quite high?

5. Sumanji

Sgarrista

Is there anyway to tell the GPU temp other than running ATiTool?

Cheers,

Suman

6. King_Boru

Wise Guy

I get about 44 - 54 load (depending if the gas fire is on or not) with my zalman, same card. Lower ambient temps probarbly.

7. Robert

Capodecina

Well seeing as the Zalman is a "quiet" HSF, it ain't bad. Oh and the 88deg was where the problem stemmed from...it never used to be that high.

Edit: Also my case fans are fairly quiet, hence temps are high than when i had my tornados in.