FiveFingers

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
I just got a Pair of these today and they are ****ing awesome :D

Ill let you know how they go during the next few weeks and how they make my legs feel and quite possible put up a few photos :D

Associate
A few of the athletes ive worked with have used and like em. A few also hurt themselves using them.

The sudden change from heeled shoes to non heeled shoes leads to increased Range of movement in the ankle and a sudden increase in work load on the calves and achilles tendon can cause problems. Just be sure to keep training sessions with five fingers brief and light, until you become more accustomed to them. A heeled shoe decreases the amount of dorsiflexion on running and jumping activities.

Caporegime
A few of the athletes ive worked with have used and like em. A few also hurt themselves using them.

The sudden change from heeled shoes to non heeled shoes leads to increased Range of movement in the ankle and a sudden increase in work load on the calves and achilles tendon can cause problems. Just be sure to keep training sessions with five fingers brief and light, until you become more accustomed to them. A heeled shoe decreases the amount of dorsiflexion on running and jumping activities.

Indeed...but if people took ten minutes to read the site before using them they'd knw this already :p

Associate
Do you think they are strengthening your leg muscles by wearing these? Do you notice much difference?

I play hockey and do a lot of cycling so I have fairly strong leg muscles anyway. But I have noticed that they seem to make you work your calf muscles a lot more.

As there is not shock absorbing built in to the sole you have to do it manually by walking more on the balls of your feet. This is why it works the calves more and why I get the pain in my achilles.

As Amakuma said, you need to be quite careful if you are planning to exercise in them.

Soldato
I always just wear socks indoors, never slippers, and do think it feels a lot better for just wandering round than wearing shoes does. I don't think I'd have the guts to wear those though!

Associate
had a pair of these for about 6/7 months now, really do enjoy them although have 'normal' running shoes for long road runs.

I find them great for short runs that are off road especially, the lightness is amazing and I found my running style adapted to the lack of support almost without thinking.

They do take a bit of getting used to - feet and ankles took a while to strengthen up at first.

Hope this is helpful...

Back
Top Bottom