Flash flood down my road

Soldato
Was sitting in my loft viewing the forum and it starts thunderstorming and hammering down with rain. I carry on surfing and think its been raining really hard for quite a while now, so I look outside the front of the house to see the the road is flooding. My car was parked outside and the water was half way up the sideskirts, panicing thinking any higher and my car will be full of water I quickly legged it outside to move it.

My car was parked in that space

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

Walking back I see the road has split due to the water pressure in the drains

DSC00031.JPG

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Where the water pressure was so great it blew the man hole covers up and where the cover was blown off a Punto managed to drive down the lidless hole

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00033.JPG

Apologies for the picture quality as it was on my phone

Soldato
Jeez. We've had thunder and lightning here for about an hour. Started raining about 2 minutes ago. Theres a lovely cool wind coming through my window now though so I'm cool for a change :)

We've got our highest chance of flash floods tomorrow afternoon/evening :eek:

Associate
I get that all the time infront of my house. The whole T junction gets flooded to around 6 inches spilling over onto the path. Occationally we get kids rolling around trying to swim in it.

Soldato
Although Scotland has a reputation for rain, we seem to avoid the extremes on all fronts. We hardly get REALLY heavy downpours, we get far less thunder storms, we get less heat and in winter we get less snow. Its like the country of neutrality.

Could that Punto claim against the council or are acts of weather no one fault?

Back
Top Bottom