1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashplayer for Android OS----When????

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by SMlFFY, 10 May 2010.

1. SMlFFY

Wise Guy

As the title says been trawling round the net and can't find any definite answer on this.
    Any of you guys know?
    Also will it work on the HTC Magic 1.6 OS.
    If we are getting it this year, this might just stop me from going over to a iPhone 3GS.....

Last edited: 10 May 2010
  2. Scottland

Capodecina

Flash 10.1 will be implemented into Android 2.2 (Froyo) which is due to be announced in about 10 days time. Whether it makes it to your Magic is another question however...

3. osc89er

Wise Guy

Wierd font. Turquoise on blue might not be the best choice in general.

However, Android 2.2 is supposed to have the full Flash integrated. That is believed to be the big announcement from Google at a convention this month, with the Nexus expected to have it in June (I can't remember a source for this bit so I could be wrong about this date).

The Magic will never be able to do full Flash as the CPU cannot handle it so Adobe won't be developing for it. Only the ARM 8 class processors and better will run the full Flash apps - Snapdragon CPU qualifies (Desire, Nexus, Acer Liquid) and Milestone also qualifies.

4. SMlFFY

Wise Guy

Font colour changed for you.

Bit miffed about my phone not being able to support Flashplayer.

Any Nokia/SE phones support flashplayer?

5. z0mbi3

Soldato

Nokia have supported flash since the n95 haven't they?

6. 413x

Capodecina

Using skyfire browser and flash really greats up the phone and chews through battery like using gps..batteries really need to be improved before any more cpu developments are made, any of these new smart phones with a higher spec than the desire are honda struggle to last a day

7. osc89er

Wise Guy

Some of the HTC phones support flash lite but apparently that is mostly used for adverts. Flash lite won't do video.

8. Scottland

Capodecina

HTC's SenseUI has Flash lite, it does play audio and video from the likes of the BBC News page etc. But it's pretty intensive and does hammer the CPU.

9. Janesy B

Caporegime

Flash sucks.

10. Fegruson

Wise Guy

Steve?