Flat buying advice

Associate
er he seems to be suggesting he is BUYING not renting.

unless people count renting as beeing on the property ladder these days:confused:

anyway i'd go 2bed more room is always nice but i like to grow chillis and veg so south facing window = win

Most apartments that you buy will be leasehold and come with some kind of monthly service fee. This pays for cleaning the communal areas / grounds work and also pays for overall building structural work.

Think of it this way - if the building developed foundation problems why should the guy in the ground floor flat have to pay (through buildings insurance). There is normally a company that 'runs' the building, you are just buying a portion of that building.

Associate
er he seems to be suggesting he is BUYING not renting.

unless people count renting as beeing on the property ladder these days:confused:

anyway i'd go 2bed more room is always nice but i like to grow chillis and veg so south facing window = win

ERR I owned my flat so speaking from experience. As he said he was buying I thought it made sense to warn him about issues I had with my flat.

Now i'm in a house I no longer have these issues. I guess you have never owned a flat to not know this.

Maybe think before you post

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom