Focus RS....?

Soldato
some people are stuck with 75bhp :(:(:( so be thankful for your 230 !

my 1.6 does like 300-350 miles to a 45 quid tank so it sucks in that department too

meh :(

Associate
spoonz said:
Should I get one???? Anyone owned/driven one?

and whats the dif between a Phase 1 and Phase 2?

Is the torque steer as bad as reported?

Servicing costs? and interval?

AND approx how many miles to a tank of optimax and how much to fill?

Ta peeps

In order:

Depends on what you are after. The RS is a drivers car and is designed to be thrashed on A and B roads. It's absolutely supreme at this, however although it's useable as a day-to-day driver you will be able to find cars that are better all rounders.

Stitching on the seat base to stop the leather sagging, the pink throttle trumpet (to stop a potential sticky throttle issue) and a different engine mapping (which introduced some issue of its own). Mine is a phase 1 and i've never had any issues with any of the above.

No. The press cars were set up with a very agressive diff setting and different suspension geometry. Every single owner wondered what the hell the press were talking about, and when Evo mag went back and drove a customer car they completely revised their opinion of it. It torquesteers no more than any other FWD car with 210bhp.

Every 12,500 miles, a minor will cost approx £145 and a major £200 or so. Consumables can be expensive, the Brembo brakes don't come cheap (expect to pay £200 for a set of Brembo pads and £180 for a front disc) and the tyres are about £100 a corner depending on what you go for.

If i'm being careful, i can get about 300 miles on a long motorway run, if i thrash it I'm looking at about 220 miles to a tank. 55 litre tanks, so at current prices call it £60 to fill it from vapor.

Associate
my old fiat coupe 20vt averaged 280 miles on 63 litres and worst was 146 miles :eek: !!!! that was to york and back and 22 runs(14's and 13's) up the 1/4 mile.oh and 2 tyres and a clutch
ooops

rich

Soldato
spoonz said:
sorry ill explain

I had 5 years

I lost 3 years on last years policy

i renewed with 2

I will have 3 if I stay till end of this year

If i move now i will be 6 months behind and need to get to 5 ASAP

Pointless staying with your current company and limiting your car. Who are you with? Your best bet is to do some quotes with other companies on the cars you want with 2 years NCB and see if the cost is that bad. The % saving for 2 Years vs 3 Years is pretty minimal really. Give these ones a shot and post how much it would cost you under your current circumstances on your choice of cars in the OP:

Admiral (10 month accelerator is always doable)
Bell
Churchill
Directline
Adrian Flux

It really is silly to limit your choice of car based on 1 years ncb although the Focus RS is a very nice car, how many miles do you do and what is your budget?

Have you considered a RX8 190 ( I prefer the drive over the 230 and have never noticed the drop in power due to the power band profile of the engine)

Associate
OP
maranello168 said:
thats a very good point

its a good point but im VERY bored of driving a diesel and if I can swap to a Focus for little or nothing I may aswell get some driving fun in.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
mrk1@1 said:
Pointless staying with your current company and limiting your car. Who are you with? Your best bet is to do some quotes with other companies on the cars you want with 2 years NCB and see if the cost is that bad. The % saving for 2 Years vs 3 Years is pretty minimal really. Give these ones a shot and post how much it would cost you under your current circumstances on your choice of cars in the OP:

Admiral (10 month accelerator is always doable)
Bell
Churchill
Directline
Adrian Flux

It really is silly to limit your choice of car based on 1 years ncb although the Focus RS is a very nice car, how many miles do you do and what is your budget?

Have you considered a RX8 190 ( I prefer the drive over the 230 and have never noticed the drop in power due to the power band profile of the engine)

Im with Adrian Flux at moment. I will be doing about 8k miles a year so **** all

My budget come march would be 20k BUT ive got a quote now for a M3 from virgin who seem to very competitive at moment

2 years NCB, 1 claim = £2200
3 years NCB, 1 claim = £1500

Back
Top Bottom