Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 17th February 2006

Associate
Had a good week i guess... 2 sweet double gromacs giving me 250 PPD for the first few days despite encoding going on overnight but now i got a Gromacs from hell... a 115 pointer that im getting less then 20PPD on. Guess it evens out.

Soldato
OP
AcidHell2 said:
:( doh missed that or read it drunk.. whos my competition now... :(
well in terms of output i guess it's these guys...

Walter_Anderson - 2173
the_running_man21 - 2164
AcidHell2 - 2073
Prescott28 - 2057
Huddy - 1841

though I think Huddy may have caught the borging bug and we'll see his output rocketting up soon :D

Man of Honour
rich99million said:
Walter_Anderson - 2173
208k :o that'll take awhile lol
rich99million said:
the_running_man21 - 2164
7206 - yay who could join me soon if he ups production a little
rich99million said:
AcidHell2 - 2073
rich99million said:
Prescott28 - 2057
32k - ohh now if I could find a 2nd pc I might be able to catch him :)
rich99million said:
Huddy - 1841
ohh another to watch out for :)

Soldato
MajorPart said:
One word for you: twothreesixtwo @ 98% :D
Edit: 99%
It might even get in for the 12 update, although they usually seem to take a little longer to update on eoc.

And 'parp' to ANOther...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
Dang it, I keep saying I'm going to finish the howto.
I promise I'll finish the Linux bit tonight. What else does it need?

There's a bit in the old sticky about diskless clustering. Does anybody plan on doing that? Need it be included in the new one?

Contrary to popular belief I actually write it last night. :eek: I started taking the screenshots but got distracted by wine and women. When I get home from work today I'll probably finish up and post it.

Once the Linux bit is finished, I'm going to call it done. Consider this the last call for revisions. Have you any?

Associate
Joe42 said:
One word for you: twothreesixtwo @ 98% :D
Edit: 99%
It might even get in for the 12 update, although they usually seem to take a little longer to update on eoc.

And 'parp' to ANOther...

Good one ;) , ain't got anything as a comeback for a good few hours, seems they all end up dumping at once. Making an extra cruncher (well actually a new pc for the better half) as we speak. So hopefully get some more points a week out of that.

You should beat me this week as i jiggle about one or two PC's :( (anyone ever shifted thier PC's to thier garage? too damp? nice & cold tho!)

Also a "parp" to ANOther.. Crunch on

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
Contrary to popular belief I actually write it last night. :eek: I started taking the screenshots but got distracted by wine and women. When I get home from work today I'll probably finish up and post it.

Once the Linux bit is finished, I'm going to call it done. Consider this the last call for revisions. Have you any?

Ready, set, done. I'll make a new thread and copy the posts over in the corect order.

any objections to this order?:
  1. Intro
  2. Win - Setup for single CPU
  3. Win - Performing the registry edits
  4. Win - Setup for Dual Core, P4 HT, and Multi Processor machines
  5. Win - Running F@H
  6. Overclocking
  7. Win - Setting up GUI Client - Windows NT/2000/XP
  8. Installing on PPC OSX using InCrease
  9. Linux setup using finstall part 1
  10. Linux setup using finstall part 2
  11. Tweaks for all OSes
  12. Controlling Your Windows FAH installations with Batch Files
  13. How to process FAH WUs on non-internet-connected computers.
  14. Team OcUK Folding Stats Signatures
  15. Joe42's guide posted by Joe himself so he has editing freedom
  16. Epilogue

I like that order and if i don't hear any objections by tomorrow morning (my tomorrow morning comes 5 hours later than yours) I'll go ahead and build it. I imagine that joe will be around at some point to post. after he has posted I'll post the epilogue and call it a day. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
sounds like a plan, just two things I'm sure you were doing anyway...

1. Plenty of links to Joe's post for those who might get scared off by too much detail
2. Remember to untick the "Use Signature" box (though I never thought of this myself :p)

Associate
Wooooo :D My name's there! :p. Only just realised though, that I set my name as 'piggott' when installing the clients since that's what I use for most things online. Meh. Just remember that piggott = null ;)

All I need now is a guide to all the different cores so I know what they mean hehe. Will have a Google.

edit - Just looked at the stats page, there's a 'null' and a 'piggott'. I don't think I was awake when I did the installs! Will have to pick one name I guess and stick with that. Decisions decisions. And the winner is... 'piggott'.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
Oi Stan. If you did one I'd certainly include it. I suppose it can go right before Joe42's post. If you like I can just copy it to a section of the Tweaks post as well. Let me know.

@Rich, I certainly will untick the siggy box and try to get a bunch of linkiness. The ony trouble I see in that the pictures on the page tend to mess with links. If you hotlink to somehting halfway down the page it will take you there before all the pictures have loaded. when they are done you will still be at the same spot relative to the page slider but, of course, the text is far away becasue 1.08 MiB of images are now displayed. It's not a huge issue, but it is an issue.

Soldato
Let me know when its done and i need to post my bit.
I suggest you leave at least 2 empty posts at the bottom of the guide for future additions to it.

Very good point Bigstan, there is very little explanation of f@h mon, post your mini guide in here and we can decide where it would fit in.
I think its best if it becomes a section of Billy's guide rather than a separate afterthought.

Here is a link to my guide, and notes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't one of the dons arrange for a post by bigstan to be inserted in there?

You could start again, but i expect that would be rather annoying. :eek:

We will need a don to stickify it anyway... <whistles for a don...>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom