Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 17th February 2006

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I have no problems with you taking over editing Billy.

I was going to do it as a text file and e-mail it to you anyway for inclusion and suggest that you might want to rehost the screenshots as I will be re-arranging my webspace in the near future and will probably break the links.

Stan :)

Man of Honour
Soldato
then email away, Stan. I'll rehost all the images as .png files on imageshack. If you can please leave the images as .bmp files so I can get the best quality and the highest compression. Unless, of course, you want to compress then yourself.

email: brian dot brc12 at gmail dot com

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
BillytheImpaler said:
then email away, Stan. I'll rehost all the images as .png files on imageshack. If you can please leave the images as .bmp files so I can get the best quality and the highest compression. Unless, of course, you want to compress then yourself.

I can compress them to .png.
I will host them on my webspace which will be fine for a few weeks before I have a clearout :)

Soldato
You need to fix that link in your first post to my guide.

And look at the list in yellow at the bottom of my guide for whats left to do.
Perhaps send a pm to berserker and ask for stans guide to be moved and the whole thing to be stikied.
Then the old one needs archiving.
And then perhaps we should pimp it in the gd and try some recruiting with it?
God help anyone on this forum with an idle cpu... :D

No-one should be using a 56k these days, and if they are, well theres plenty of cheap <£10/month broadband packages out there, so no excuse.
And anyway, they can use the back button if need be.

Edit: Ohh btw... :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
Somehow I thought that I already made those changes :confused: Either I'm going insane or I write it but never het the save changes button.

Either way it's all fixed now.

EDIT: Joe, I just moved into the cell 973 for the entire project. I have the 179th highest overall ppd actoss all teams. Where are you?:D

[curmudgeon]
cheeky badger...
[/curmudgeon]

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
EDIT: Joe, I just moved into the cell 973 for the entire project. I have the 179th highest overall ppd actoss all teams. Where are you?:D

[curmudgeon]
cheeky badger...
[/curmudgeon]
Ohh, i'm over here folding for The Worlds Finest Team™, about to stomp you!

To be fair you are contributing way more than me, but hey, we'll catch you and your team one of these days, thanks to that nice faq you just made for us!

And we have a fifth of your active users, but only half your production. No slacking here.

And now, i think, its time to round up all those idle cpu's and get em folding. We need gd pimpage.

Last edited:
Soldato
We're about to welcome our 20,000th forum user.
And yet our F@h team has only 100 active users max?
So the other 19,900 are on the boinc team are they? Nope.
They are idle cpu's, ready to fold. And fold they must!

The BOINC team isn't doing too well either.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've nearly finished the EMIII guide, perhaps you should wait for that before asking Mark to move things about. He's been up in Liverpool at the meet, so I doubt he'd be doing anything about it anyway.

Nice parpage Joe - Billy, maybe you should move some of your other machines over to team 10 to fend him off (and maybe try to catch me ;) )

As for GD pimping, I think we need a clever gimmick rather than just blatant "come and fold for us peeps", anybody have any ideas?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Cool.

The EMIII guide is finished and will be with you in a minute - you can check and add it if you wish.
Most people just use FahMon but I prefer EMIII personally, I think it has a nicer interface and the estimated time to completion is usually more realistic than FahMon.

Associate
Joe42 said:
No-one should be using a 56k these days, and if they are, well theres plenty of cheap <£10/month broadband packages out there, so no excuse.
And anyway, they can use the back button if need be.
Not saying the 56k warning is necessary, I don't think it is, but I thought I would point something out; what about people who CAN'T get broadband (i.e. too far from exchange/exchange not enabled)? I say this because I know what it's like - up until a year ago I was stuck on 64k simply because the exchange wasn't enabled.

Soldato
Well done guys, and nice work on the How-To!

Whitestar's output over the last few days: :eek: :D

(edit) I would leave the 56k warning. People can always click back, and we don't want to put anyone off reading it ;)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Mattus said:
Well done guys, and nice work on the How-To!

Whitestar's output over the last few days: :eek: :D

(edit) I would leave the 56k warning. People can always click back, and we don't want to put anyone off reading it ;)

I'm with Mattus, we don't want anything negative in the title, we want everyone in there - even if they're still using a 14.4k modem :p

Soldato
OP
well with the link to Joe's guide it just displays that one post - maybe we need a link right at the very top of the main thread

a great team effort guys - it's looking very spangly and packed full of foldy information :)

Man of Honour
Soldato
Bigstan said:
Cool.

The EMIII guide is finished and will be with you in a minute - you can check and add it if you wish.
Most people just use FahMon but I prefer EMIII personally, I think it has a nicer interface and the estimated time to completion is usually more realistic than FahMon.

Hmmm. It's all ready to go but I'm faced with a bit of a quandry. I'd like to put it in the same post as the FahMon guide. However, it is not possible becasue that post will not allow any more pictures. There is no way around the limit of 5 per post. There is also no way to add a post in the mids of any other posts.

I could repost everything but that would be quite a drag. anybody have any bright ideas?

NINJA EDIT: I posted it temporarily in the post below the FahMon post.

Back
Top Bottom