Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 20th January 2006

Soldato
rich99million said:
i'm all for active pimping of the forums but you have to work really hard not to turn it into some sort of flame fest - it's also a good idea to run a few ideas past the dons, infact Berserker himself did a lovely general pimping thread in GD and GH a while back
Absolutely. Whatever we do must be well planned and have everyones support, otherwise it will fail.

Another little problem we have is that boinc is also running a little short on cruching power, so we mustn't take any away from it. Were aiming at people who aren't currently doing dc.

We can try and appeal to people who want to 'give something back to the forums' , use a slogan like that or something.

A little playing around with Sloganiser :
'Ocuk Folding for a better future'
'Ocuk Folding. The power on your side.'
'Ocuk Folding? You bet.'
'Ocuk Folding, one for all.'
'Ocuk Folding is rolling, the others are stoned.'

'Team 10 - as good as it gets!'
'Nobody does it like Team 10.'
'Team 10 keeps going, and going, and going...'

'Don't get in the way of Ocuk Team 10.'
'I'd do anything for Ocuk Team 10.'
'Ocuk Team 10, where success is at home.'
'Keep going well, keep going Ocuk Team 10.'
'Ocuk Team 10 - now!'
'There is no life without Ocuk Team 10.'
'Heal the world with Ocuk Team 10'
'Do it with Ocuk Team 10.'

'100ghz Project - go for it!'
'Pure 100ghz Project. Pure Power.'

I think i might have to try one of them as my sig.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well I can see its doing stuff because my CPU usage is being abused by its process, but I have no tray icon so I can't see what its doing etc.

If i want to get the tray to appear, i need end the process, and open the program again from the Start Menu.

Any help?

Soldato
OP
BillytheImpaler said:
Rich, I'm building a graphical how-to. Give me a bit to work on it and I'll have it done. How shall I show it to you?
if it's for use on the forums then just post it here - then everyone can give feedback :)

edit: or you can always work on it in the testing forum - that's how i started out with the current How-To

edit2: if you want to use anything from the current how-to then by all means go for it

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
BillytheImpaler said:
Sorry for the DP but is there any way around the 5 image per post limit? Is there any restriction on the size of images posted?
no way around it that i know of :(

as for images try not to make them too wide otherwise they can distort the page and make it look untidy - however you could probably make them as long as you wanted (just as long as the filesize wasn't too huge)
i don't recall there being actual rules on image sizes (except those used in sigs) however it's more a sense of decency kinda thing

i guess in terms of the graphical how-to you could post the most important images and link to any extra ones if people needed more detail
other than that you just have to split the guide up into multiple posts if you need more pictures

Soldato
w00t w00t

At last...

Can't wait to get my sig rig going. Recieved an RMA of the RAM in it and when I put the new stuff in ... it still didn't work :( - must be the mobo. Also got a 19" Xerox monitor this week that has dead pixels. I HATE BEING ME :(

Man of Honour
Soldato
DP again

I've got a few bits up on the testing forum. I'd love it if you folks went over and read it and told me what to change to make it better. I have much more to add but the lion's share is there.

If there are any photoshop gurus out there I'd like to have a shiny Team OcUK Folding banner logo for the top of the guide. All the images I can find are for SETI Classic. If it's nice enough maybe someone can change the banner on the Stanford team stats page. Who is the team founder anyhow?

Back
Top Bottom