Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 2nd June 2006

Soldato
OP
BillytheImpaler said:
Well guys, I just bit the bullet and bought the OCZ DDR Booster. :D With some luck I can use it to get beefier FSB clocks. I'm sure I'll be posting dumbfounded later as I try to adapt it to work with my non-ATX motherboard and power supply.
just run it from a secondary supply :p

Associate
I've got exams and you don't see me slacking :p
If I want to work I will, and if I don't, no amount of self-banishment will stop me :( Managed to get quite a bit done today :o

Anywho, thanks for the news rich :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
verbal said:
Bleh, at this rate i'll be the only one not slacking. It's a disgrace that a noob like me can get into the top 10 producers.

I know what you mean.

Even though my output has risen slightly due to replacing an old 2.4 Northy with an X2 [email protected]; I should not be second top producer :(

Some of our top guys are slowing down for various reasons and this is why the team output is down this week. Let's hope this is just a temporary setback.

/crosses fingers.

As some of you may know, I'm back in Egypt working for a couple of weeks and every time I've been here so far, things have gone horribly wrong chez Bigstan :(
Hopefully, things will go a lot better this time. It turns out that the problems I had with the Opty 170 were down to dodgy Mushkin Redline :eek: and the 2 rigs in my bedroom had problems due to not rebooting properly after automatic Windoze updates (now switched off whilst away - auto updates, that is, not the rigs :p ).

Keep on folding, team 10. Welcome to the new guys and thanks as always, Rich.

Let's hope we can beat this temporary slump.

Stan :)

Soldato
kinnison said:
Try looking in here and here for help with an OC. Post in the OC & Cooling Forum (I spend most of my time there) or get me on MSN if you want some help. Using an X2 3800 you should easily be able to reach 2500MHz.

@ Rich. Thanks for the news, as always.

Permabanned
One of my systems is having some serious problems after we had a thunderstorm. So i'm a signle machine cruncher for the time being. I'm trying to get it fixed but it's starting to look like every component is dead.
Luckily it was my old XP 3000+ system, so i'm still folding on the X2 3800+. :)

Soldato
OP
unlucky lee - start with the easiest things to swap and work through to the more tricky parts when you can beg/buy/borrow them to test
eventually you'll find what's broken and purely by chance you'll end up with most of another machine :p :D

I'll stick you on the singles list for the coming week's news :)
Glad the X2 seems to have been spared the same fate - now that would have been very very bad! :o

Associate
A.N.Other said:
Try looking in here and here for help with an OC. Post in the OC & Cooling Forum (I spend most of my time there) or get me on MSN if you want some help. Using an X2 3800 you should easily be able to reach 2500MHz.

Cheers, ANOther, some interesting reading in there :) I've currently got it up to 2200Mhz running pretty cool on load at stock voltage (1.3) - that seems to be the secret, these manchester cores run well at stock voltage. If 2200 looks stable, I'll slowly increase over the next few days! :D

Kinnison.

Man of Honour
Slacked this week due to a holiday. . my main rigs were off so BigDom and Billy have made some ground now :(

Oh well.. best chuck a few more coals on the boiler.. get some steam up :)

Well done team for making 48th.. :) good stuff!!!

Soldato
PC locked again last night, and temps in here are getting stupid, so im afraid the PC will not be on overnight anymore.

8-> 10 is what it will do now... probably.

Whats the leccy costs? I draw about 250-300W F@H load...

Conc

Man of Honour
Open window and a ******* big fan = 16C room temps this morning. Was at 28C last night because I'd been away.

I am running crunchers on reduced load though as at least one of them is getting a little tired. :(

Back
Top Bottom