Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 9th September 2005

Soldato
rich99million said:
diogenese - keeping those Dutchies off our seti-classic backs is a noble cause - if only Borkley would pull the plug then we could remain in our not-so-rightful place forever (ie under the germans :()
of course i may have to put you up for an award next week anyway :p

Erm, I'm back to folding seeing as there has been a mass exodus from S@NL:eek: around 70+ leavers losing them over 4 million points! Not the nicest way to end seti classic:(

S@NL Joiners/Leavers chart
graph.php

Soldato
OP
diogenese said:
Erm, I'm back to folding seeing as there has been a mass exodus from S@NL:eek: around 70+ leavers losing them over 4 million points! Not the nicest way to end seti classic:(
What the heck has gone on there then??? :confused:

Maybe they're all gonna come and join us to push us infront of the germans :p

Man of Honour
Well just signed up :). Seems a worthwhile project. Helping science and all. Much better than the stupid seti one..

got an athlon xp 2.5Ghz+ 512ddr. It saying estimated WU completion time 20d :eek: should it really take that long..

New rig is on the way a nice dual core wich will be over clocked.. (but about 4 weeks from completion)

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
got an athlon xp 2.5Ghz+ 512ddr. It saying estimated WU completion time 20d :eek: should it really take that long..

No. It always does that at the start of a work unit. If you look now it should have changed.

Man of Honour
Whitestar said:
Welcome to the team.

You going for AMD or Intel dual core?

It'll will be AMD, not so good at crunching but better for games ..

With a-mega water cooled system :cool:

Should finish my first WU around midnight .. :)

Soldato
OP
Whitestar said:
Cider, cool. Do you get one per machine :D
yes indeed - and one for each physical core at that! :eek: :)

there are also special HT-ciders too for those who try to run 2 instances on an HT P4 - they are the 33% extra free cans :p
however if you open one while doing two QMDs the 33% fizzes up all over the floor due to the extreme temperature thus rendering your 33% extra a total waste of time :o

please fill out the order form enclosed in your Team 10 Starter Pack listing numbers of each required cider and post it under my cell door :p

Man of Honour
well this 3rd WU is a hungry horse..

Taken a day so far and only done 177frames out of 400 :eek:

estimated another 25hrs to go... LOL

p1152_L939_K12M_EXT_F, Tiner Core...

Back
Top Bottom