Food you hated as a kid, but you love it now.

Permabanned
mushrooms always hated em as a kid, now theyre not so bad.
brussels, hated em as a kid, still hate the disgusting, yucky, gross, vomit inducing things now.

Soldato
Beleive it or not I didn't like steak when I was younger, oh how wrong was I. I now love a good steak.

Same goes for a lot of meat in general actually, I only really used to like Poultry when I was younger, but now I'm quite happy with beef and gammon. Pork and Lamb I could leave though.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
PeterNem said:
Beleive it or not I didn't like steak when I was younger, oh how wrong was I. I now love a good steak.

Same goes for a lot of meat in general actually, I only really used to like Poultry when I was younger, but now I'm quite happy with beef and gammon. Pork and Lamb I could leave though.
I've still never eaten steak or any kind of beef :o

Soldato
Sprouts, spring greens,swede and broccoli mainly ....... but I have to say that maybe the way they were cooked had something to do with it; everything except the swede was usually a suspicious looking green mush.

A bit like squid; when I first had some, it was overdone and rubbery so gave it a miss for a long time; tried it again a while ago and it was as tender as you could want ...

Getting to like my steak medium now too; always used to have it very, very well done, slightest sign of pinkness and it went back ....

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I was never a fussy eater as a child, but a few things that I hated then but enjoy now are things such as eggs, brussel sprouts and pasta.

The reason many of us are fussy eaters as children is because our tastebuds are different and they're more susceptible to bitter flavours.

Associate
Just food in general (apart from sweets). I was a write little git.

There was once a stalemate situation between me and my mom when I was about 4 when I refused to eat my fish fingers. I refused to swallow it and my mom refused to let me spit it out. As we are both as stubborn as each other we were there nearly 3 hours.

In the end I prevailed:D:D. I was the original problem child:p

Soldato
beans and sausages are the ones that stick out I love them now! I was a bit picky when I was a kid, but still had a hearty appitite, im the same now just will eat anything, except banana's!

Back
Top Bottom