1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football and the Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by Robbo, 11 Mar 2020.

1. McBain

Capodecina

The clubs won't punish players, they're too worried about ******* a player off rather than do the right thing.

Why aren't the Police going round? The evidence is clear as day, 100% guilty of breaking the rules. Should be a fine relative to their income otherwise where's the deterrent?

2. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Is the season going to be called off because of the latest lockdown news?

3. CliffyG

Capodecina

Its quite clearly stated that it will continue.

4. Maundie

Mobster

They're going to try their absolute best to carry on but if players keep ignoring lockdown and getting tested positive there may come a time that it will have to halt, the issue is that there isn't going to be any leeway at the end of the season due to the Euro Championships so if there is a 'firebreak' it just makes the end of the season crazy busy which is why they are clinging onto keeping the season going as long as possible.

5. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

6. fez

Capodecina

I wonder when clubs will start fining players really heavily. I would be livid if I was paying someone £200k/week and they caught COVID by doing something stupid that they knew they shouldn't do.

7. robfosters

Caporegime

The majority of those are probably staff rather than players

8. mysticsniper

Sgarrista

I very much doubt this, games are being cancelled due to idiot footballers.

9. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

10. BaZ87

Don

They should be made to put their under-13's out vs us tomorrow night. That's what we had to do in the League Cup last season when our players were in another continent!

11. Tombstone

Capodecina

Is it true that Arsenal have borrowed 120 million from the government covid funding thing?? How can they justify needing 120m ?

EDIT : bank of england, not government

12. fez

Capodecina

I agree. If you can't keep your staff and players in check/safe then thats your fault and your problem. Don't care if you have to put the groundsman in goal and the lunch lady on the wing, you shouldn't be allowed to postpone games because your players are acting like entitled *****.

13. el_dazza

Capodecina

We beat your first team by 5 goals too ;)

14. BaZ87

Don

My post was just a tongue in cheek remark after what happened last season :p
    And I bet you bought the DVD too :p

15. Moothead2

Sgarrista

Calm the **** down. You have no idea how the outbreak started. It could be one of the staff at the training ground for all we know, unless you expect everyone involved in a football club to starve because Fez doesn't think they should be allowed to Tesco to do their weekly shop :rolleyes:

16. el_dazza

Capodecina

Probably another anti Grealish post :)

17. fez

Capodecina

The staff will be being tested and the players should be in direct contact with as few people as possible for as little time as possible. Football clubs are also very very wealthy and can afford to take the best precautions in the way of disinfectings equipment and generally making the transmission of COVID very unlikely.

My partner works in one of the worst affected hospitals in the country and she by all accounts has not contracted it despite being in constant proximity to it. She wears a facemask whenever she is on the wards, makes sure to keep her distance when possible and washes her hands properly and regularly. But no, you are right, I'm sure its not people being irresponsible and not taking the correct precautions.

18. Drukk

Hitman

https://www.skysports.com/football/...for-footballers-and-testing-money-sent-to-nhs

I can't agree with that at all, since when should footballers be fast tracked in front of anyone else, they are more likely to survive than anyone with their level of fitness and age, companies all over the country are testing employees weekly, it is no different saying those employees should jump the queue. Its not like the NHS are paying for the testing, will all be private anyway. Does not even take into account using up supply of an already limited vaccine stock. I think he is way out of line even suggesting this is appropriate.

19. omnomnom

Sgarrista

Daft thing to say. We need the front line to get it before Lewis Dunk please.

20. OldCoals

Capodecina

Yep after spending almost £80 on transfers and making staff redundant.