Football Banter Thread

Soldato
Haha, its been quite a weekend!

Thats why people like the PL though. There is no fun in the French league when you get to revel in the 2 losses PSG manage a season. People want to see the big boys getting smashed once in a while.

We only lost 3 times last season to be fair and even then two (I think, very much a blur) were when we had the league won and werent arsed.

Don
What websites do people use for tracking live football scores nowadays? Livescore had been brilliant for the past decade but it's been terrible for a few months now, the app is often down, the actual website doesn't refresh probably, you cannot click on Serie A scores without a stream showing, loads of other issues etc etc.

I want something minimalistic, quick at updating scores and shows scores across the globe.

Thanks

Caporegime
What websites do people use for tracking live football scores nowadays? Livescore had been brilliant for the past decade but it's been terrible for a few months now, the app is often down, the actual website doesn't refresh probably, you cannot click on Serie A scores without a stream showing, loads of other issues etc etc.

I want something minimalistic, quick at updating scores and shows scores across the globe.

Thanks

Refresh Google. EZ.

Associate

Thanks

I used flashscore before but got no idea how good it is now as I'm usually asleep when most matches are played (or at work), yay for night shifts!!

Soldato

Thanks

I swear by Fotmob on my phone. You can select as many or as few leagues as you want as your 'favourites' with alerts on certain teams / leagues so your phone buzzes when something happens. Last saturday i was watching a stream for Brechin but my phone alerted me of any goals before i got to see it happen on my computer :o

Caporegime
Just read about the Major League play-offs.

Went to penalties, keeper saved the last penalty, VAR decided he was slightly off his line, the referee gave him a second yellow and sent him off, the reserve keeper was subbed on, the referee decided the game had finished and no more subs were allowed, he left the pitch and a defender saved the penalty instead. WTF!

Associate
Just read about the Major League play-offs.

Went to penalties, keeper saved the last penalty, VAR decided he was slightly off his line, the referee gave him a second yellow and sent him off, the reserve keeper was subbed on, the referee decided the game had finished and no more subs were allowed, he left the pitch and a defender saved the penalty instead. WTF!
Seen that, was mental, the whole thing took like 10 mins.

Associate

Thanks

I use the FlashScores app, covers a wide range of sports internationally and updates scores quickly with live commentary (written and audio) for some.

Don
Garth Crooks on why he picked Matip in his team of the week:
Joel Matip: He survived one or two scary moments but did enough against Spurs to help seal the win and then played a major role in Liverpool's emphatic victory over Crystal Palace.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55400945

Further proof that most pundits are nothing more than bluffers and bull*****ers. For those than don't know, Matip didn't even play vs Spurs.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Apparently Blatter's now under criminal investigation in Switzerland. Surprised it took this long tbh. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55410695

Why? That would be like politicians pointing fingers at each other. They don't want to pull on that thread for fear of closer scrutiny. The whole organisation is completely corrupt and has been for god knows how long. Wherever there are vast sums of money to be made you can be 100% sure that corruption is rife.

Back
Top Bottom