Football friendly talk

Don
Looks like we're keeping with tradition of putting in 1 shocking performance per pre-season. 2-0 down to Salzburg after 15 minutes, gifting them both goals and generally being all over the place.

edit: proper pre-season referreeing too. Mane through 1 on 1 with the keeper and the Salzburg defender slices him down on the edge of the area. Centre of goal, no other defender within a mile and he gives a yellow card :D

Last edited:
Don
I'd rather have him coming off the bench than Origi and I think he deserves a chance to prove himself this season. Can always send him on loan in January.

Edit: Milner and Kostas swapped potions?
The problem is he'd only be a bench option. Granted you never know what you're going to get from Origi but he's capable of playing wide if you're without Mane or Salah and I just can't see Brewster starting through the middle if Firmino was out - it's much more likely that you'll see Salah or Mane play there and switch the system slightly.

I think the fact that Origi (and Shaqiri) has been left out of the squad today and the other day is a sign that the club are trying to move him on but I'm sure if he leaves then we'll bring another forward in. Do you then keep Brewster as a 5th option or send him somewhere to play every week?

Don
It was Salzburg's Cup final - the last time we played them we signed their best player afterall. There were a few naughty challenges but the non red for the foul on Mane was just funny - you couldn't get a more clear goalscoring opportunity and he gave a yellow. That said, I'm sure Klopp wouldn't have wanted to play vs 10 men. It was a competitive workout against a side that (iinm) have played a few more games than us and ahead in their preparations.

Back
Top Bottom