Football Manager 2020

Soldato
I'm still smashing 2018....Trying to get back to back promotions with Crewe. Picked it up for £8 from G2A.

Had a great 18 year old striker who the board sold without my permission...He was 78 goals in 90 games over 2 seasons.....

Caporegime
whys the match engine in this game so bad?

offside is bugged asd hell, I've had people be "offside" only half way along the pitch when there's clearly 4+ opposition players between my guy and the opposing teams goal.

the match sounds are really machine like sounding as well and the ball sound seems to not actually be in sync with the animations.

the match engine is pretty terrible for how much they charge and for how long this series has been going.

shame the other football manager series all stopped

Soldato
I've muted the sounds from the game now. Just too bloody annoying. I have found a number of players being offside when perfectly level, or it showing a highlight where goal line tech is checking something that was cleared from somewhere in the six yard box...

Caporegime
I've muted the sounds from the game now. Just too bloody annoying. I have found a number of players being offside when perfectly level, or it showing a highlight where goal line tech is checking something that was cleared from somewhere in the six yard box...
theres other bugs too my star striker in division 10 wants to leave apparently.

even though I had an email saying he no longer wants to leave at some point.

5 positives 1 negative and thats "he asked to leave"

short term plans "considering his options"

yet squad dymanics still says "he wants to leave the club, 0 players in support or against" (which seems weird since hes captain)

he "holds me in the highest regard as manager"

it makes 0 sense.

hes not even in contract, he won't sign another but he won't accept the offers hes getting to leave either because seemingly he likes it here so much.

there's not even an option to ask a squad member to talk to him about it any more.

btw the broken promise was to strengthen the squad, I already offered contracts to people before he actually signed because of that but they don't seem to count since he hadn't accepted his contract first.

they still joined the club after him but don't count :rolleyes:

my last 7 games were DDWWWWW, higher in the league than we need to be, he should be over the moon, he gets to play every single game

everyone else in my team are "very happy" or "delighted" but he seems to be a manic depressive that scores a lot of goals

edit: his contract expired 3 months ago, at least hes not getting paid his 200 a week when my wage budget is only 1k :D

Last edited:
Associate
whys the match engine in this game so bad?

offside is bugged asd hell, I've had people be "offside" only half way along the pitch when there's clearly 4+ opposition players between my guy and the opposing teams goal.

the match sounds are really machine like sounding as well and the ball sound seems to not actually be in sync with the animations.

the match engine is pretty terrible for how much they charge and for how long this series has been going.

shame the other football manager series all stopped

I still play old school with the 2d view. :D

Caporegime
the more I watch the full matches the less relevant what's actually happening on the pitch seems.

like I'm counter attacking, defence, shorter passing.
GK is set to shot kicks.

sometimes my GK will kick the ball all the way in to their half and surely that's not a short kick?

other times he passes it to my defenders who pass it to the GK, who passes it back to the same defender, who passes it back to the GK, who then decides to pass it back, the defender then decides to blast the ball half way down the field..

surely defensive with shorter passing with the highest tempo I'm allowed should mean the ball is quickly passed from player to player with short passes until it finds it self in the final third of the pitch? but since I don't actually watch football in the real world I could be wrong and short passing means blast it down the field like we're playing 4-4-2 attacking with long passes that just aim to get the ball out of my own half as fast as possible

maybe they actually do but the match ending honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it was all set animations and it's just randomly choosing whichever one it feels fits best

maybe it's different with a skilled team though I'm managing Loughborough in betvictor division one south east and most my players are worth £0 with the odd one valued at £200-£1.5k, my team is nearly all 16-23 year old's as well so not exactly professional.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Contract expiring normally means the player stays on the same wage but as a rolling contract.
it says "non contract" and the squad window shows his wages as 0

I'm not a professional club so my options for giving contracts are "non contract" or "part time"

non contract only can be paid appearance fees etc and not a wage so that's possibly why.

he was part time on a wage

People actually watch games on FM? :eek:
I'm still in my first season so it still has a little novelty value for me although it's wearing thin fast as the impression it gives is that it's disconnected from what's actually happening and just preset animations.

it might explain why players can run up to someone, waves there arms around a bit and slowly walk behind them with some weird almost sliding motion. because the game is deciding which animation it should play next from it's bunch of preset actions :S

I mean it's not exactly fluid is it when you watch the players on the pitch.

it's like a bunch of small movies chained together trying to match the data but failing rather than an actual simulation happening in real time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom