Football Manager 2020

Associate
I didn't get on with FM20 at first, but since lockdown started have been playing more and more.

I don't get the animation bugs etc as I always watch in 2D. I can't stand the 3D in the game.

Caporegime
I got promoted with Loughborough twice :D
got to the league cup final and lost so all my players were demoralised..

we legit were aiming to not get relegated and I managed to win the league... all my guys were like exceptional/perfect morale and instantly drop to "average" because of a crappy league cup wtf? how does that make sense.

shouldn't winning the actual league and getting promoted remove any of the penalties to morale from losing a crappy cup?

my wage budget is only 3,800 for next season and we are like -100k in debt.

just because we have so less supports my average attendance was like 200 this season so we just lose money hand over fist even when I'm well within the wage budget.

wage budget this season was 3400 and I was only spending 2500 on wages but still losing like 10k a month.

I didn't realise the clubs real life location is one of the biggest impacts on how much your clubs fan base can grow.

I've had job offers from bath and wealdstone and their adverts have wage budgets of 7k-8k so I think it's time to give up on Loughborough.

looks like wealdstone is in london so I guess they have the potential to grow to a huge fanbase over the years.

Associate
I got promoted with Loughborough twice :D
got to the league cup final and lost so all my players were demoralised..

we legit were aiming to not get relegated and I managed to win the league... all my guys were like exceptional/perfect morale and instantly drop to "average" because of a crappy league cup wtf? how does that make sense.

shouldn't winning the actual league and getting promoted remove any of the penalties to morale from losing a crappy cup?

my wage budget is only 3,800 for next season and we are like -100k in debt.

just because we have so less supports my average attendance was like 200 this season so we just lose money hand over fist even when I'm well within the wage budget.

wage budget this season was 3400 and I was only spending 2500 on wages but still losing like 10k a month.

I didn't realise the clubs real life location is one of the biggest impacts on how much your clubs fan base can grow.

I've had job offers from bath and wealdstone and their adverts have wage budgets of 7k-8k so I think it's time to give up on Loughborough.

looks like wealdstone is in london so I guess they have the potential to grow to a huge fanbase over the years.

I don't think any really small club has that ability to grow a massive fanbase over the years. I doesn't seem to happen judging by posts on the SI forum. I think a lot of people take smaller clubs to the Premiership and once there can rely on the prize money more than the gate receipts etc.

I am only going off what I have read on there, I haven't tried a lower league save in a number of years to be honest.

*edit* Just looking at some attendance figures for someone I follow. He is playing as Kingstonian and has got them to the Championship. Their average attendance is 4,500 something. The next lowest is Luton Town at 10,500.

Last edited:
Associate
Once i got Kidderminster Harriers to the championship i had the option to request a new stadium. After it was built i went from 6k attendance to 25k. So it is possible but will take years of improving the clubs reputation.

Caporegime
I noticed since being in VNL South with better players the matches do look more exciting, far more passing in the opponents end of the pitch seemingly trying to pull players out of position and open up gaps.

also players try harder to score, if they see a ball heading towards the net they don't watch it they try to get it with a volley or header and steal the goal.

I'm at 96 points after 36 games :D 16 points clear of second place.

doing 4-4-2 wing play attacking.

I was looking at the sponsorship for this league and some teams have like 100-130k sponsors yet most of the teams like the one I'm managing only get around 10-20k a season :S kinda lame it's such a huge difference., but I guess a lot of it depends on your stadium being decent and your facilities not being crap to be considered as one of the bigger clubs in the league regardless of performance?

edit: got promoted now to see if I get my ass kicked with 16,000 wages.
I cleared out my squad and I'm only spending around <8500 but I'm not seeing many really awesome players on the market or they don't want to come to me.

I think the club will finally start making some money this season :D especially if I can avoid relegation with as small wages as possible, but I guess the problem will be reputation holding me back from buying.

got a few great loans though

Last edited:
Associate
I know we are a few months off FM21 but I'm looking to get back into it this year.

My laptop is no more good so I need a new one for fm21. What specs should I be looking out for?

Soldato
OP
I know we are a few months off FM21 but I'm looking to get back into it this year.

My laptop is no more good so I need a new one for fm21. What specs should I be looking out for?
A decent modern processor (AMD Ryzen could be a good option) with plenty of RAM, 8GB at least, 16GB if you can. An SSD would help for speed of loading databases and saving games. Depending on your budget and desire to have 3D views in match then a laptop with a decent graphics card.

What's your budget? There's a thread on SI Forums where people ask for new laptop recommendations for playing FM. Might be worth having a look and signing up to ask for some advice. https://community.sigames.com/topic/457109-new-laptoppc-advice-please-read-the-opening-post/

Associate
Associate
A decent modern processor (AMD Ryzen could be a good option) with plenty of RAM, 8GB at least, 16GB if you can. An SSD would help for speed of loading databases and saving games. Depending on your budget and desire to have 3D views in match then a laptop with a decent graphics card.

What's your budget? There's a thread on SI Forums where people ask for new laptop recommendations for playing FM. Might be worth having a look and signing up to ask for some advice. https://community.sigames.com/topic/457109-new-laptoppc-advice-please-read-the-opening-post/

Thanks for that I'll have a look at that thread. Budget is as cheap as possible and more than likely second hand. FM21 will be all that the laptop is used for when I'm in bed. Majority of the time it will be played on my desktop.

Soldato
OP
So I managed to win the title in my first season by a single point having lead by 6-7 points at times throughout the season but then 20.4 patch seems to have knackered my tactic and I ended up dropping points left, right and centre and ended up having to win games to re-take the league lead. Liverpool led us 92 points to 91 so even a win for us wouldn't be enough if Liverpool won. I won my last game 2-0 and had to thank Burnley for holding Liverpool to a 2-2 draw and giving me the title by a single point. This season has been a disaster. After 20 games I'm 6th with 34 points. Liverpool are on 49 points and I'm shipping goals and can't more than 1 in an average game.

However one reason I've stuck with the save is that I got the board to expand Old Trafford by 8,250 and the upgrade just got finished so we now have capacity for 83,885. I spotted in the Club Vision section that one of the requests I could make was to ask for another stadium expansion. Cheekily I asked and they said yes! £63m to upgrade the stadium to a capacity of 94,071, an increase of 10,186 on the current capacity and 18,436 on the original capacity. £28.5m of debt was added to the loan repayments to pay for the 1st stadium expansion which added £250k a month to the monthly repayments. I assume the 2nd expansion plans will see more debt added to the current amount but if we can fill the stadium out then hopefully the extra income for home games will dwarf the amount the club pays out for the stadium expansion part of the debt.

Thanks for that I'll have a look at that thread. Budget is as cheap as possible and more than likely second hand. FM21 will be all that the laptop is used for when I'm in bed. Majority of the time it will be played on my desktop.
Cool. You going to get a Windows laptop?

Soldato
Latest update has restored my tactics to being solid again. Just wish they'd make Anfield larger. They added another 3000 but won't do anything more, even though we've hardly had a game without capacity crowds. And we've made 180m in profit even after a transfer window where I've spent 140m!!

Soldato
What CPU is everyone using for this game nowadays?

I have an i5 3570k and yeah it's old but this game takes forever, its such a hog.

Yeah I could have less league, teams and players but Where's the fun in that!

Soldato
OP
What CPU is everyone using for this game nowadays?

I have an i5 3570k and yeah it's old but this game takes forever, its such a hog.

Yeah I could have less league, teams and players but Where's the fun in that!
i7 4790k with 16GB of RAM. Looking to upgrade to Ryzen soon, probably a 3600 depending on when the new Ryzen 4000/5000 CPUs come out and how much they cost etc.

Associate
i7-4790 with 8gb RAM, FM20 quick enough on this setup tbh but been thinking about upgrading as had this PC for 6 years now, just can't be bothered with the hassle of reinstalling everything!

Back
Top Bottom