Football Manager 2021

Associate
I'll skip this one, shame none of the other football manager games are still going, I liked being able to upgrade all the facilities and the stadium, choosing my own sponsors etc.

since the competition stopped it's almost like the FM series stopped moving forwards and it's basically the same game with a different database every year

Unless there are some massive improvements i will be sticking to FM20.

Associate
Ive bought every version of FM since '92 and will buy this one too.

Its always going to be an evolving product now and never going to be a massive change any one version. If people dont like that then thats not an issue, just buy it every few years, can always play with an updated database if happy with FM20.

I always buy it on release but I actually may leave it a while this version as for once Im still massively into my FM20 save and not ready to give up on it yet.

Associate
I'll skip this one, shame none of the other football manager games are still going, I liked being able to upgrade all the facilities and the stadium, choosing my own sponsors etc.

since the competition stopped it's almost like the FM series stopped moving forwards and it's basically the same game with a different database every year

I would love to be able to be more creative/responsible for the various facilities, stadium and negotiating sponsorships.

Soldato
I would love to be able to be more creative/responsible for the various facilities, stadium and negotiating sponsorships.
Mention that to the Devs and they will "politely" remind you this is supposed to be a manager simulator, when you point out the flaws in that logic like contracts and what not they will then "politely" tell you your idea isn't shared by other members of the community so they won't be looking into that.

Associate
Mention that to the Devs and they will "politely" remind you this is supposed to be a manager simulator, when you point out the flaws in that logic like contracts and what not they will then "politely" tell you your idea isn't shared by other members of the community so they won't be looking into that.

I'm not surprised by them being like that though.. Another thing I think could be made better is the freekicks. I don't know how often teams line a free kick up as a corner when its perfect shooting angle/distance.

Associate

Yeah football managers dont design stadiums. There are other things in the game you do a manager doesnt do but they have to draw the line somewhere and stadiums and sponsorships really arent going to make the game better so agree with them.

However!.

I do think you should have an editor to allow you to design and edit stadiums outside of the game.

The game would look far better if the community was able to design stadiums to up the realism a bit. There was a time after Tottenhams stadium was built that it was a 4 stand stadium which was awful.

Associate
The only thing evolving is the price as it's been the same game for at least 5 years now!

It changes enough for me to want to buy it every year, but thats the beauty of it, for those of us who are happy to pay £30 for a game that gives 300+ hours of use a year we can buy it, and for those that are happy with FM15 they get a game that lasts 5 years with updated databases.

Soldato
I am, I can't really compare to previous versions as I've hardly played them. Overall I'm impressed, new ui looks great, new ME is much better and the improvements for interviewing and such are really nice too.

Some of the graphs displayed during the match are a little bit messy. Especially one that's supposed to tell you if your passes are or aren't linking up. All I'm getting from that is a bunch of overlapping numbers which doesn't provide much insight.

Soldato
OP
I am too. I like it so far. The purple skin is quite awesome. I have found a weird issue where I played my first XI v second XI and my assistant manager kept telling me to close down players etc. Problem was they were players on my first XI that I was managing. The reserves manager was in charge of the second XI so a weird one but SI are aware of it at least.

Spacedeck - Yeah the crosses charts is like a 3 year old has been given a piece of paper and some crayons! It's just a mess.

Soldato
OP
I'm liking it. The new purple skin is good. I think this is the first FM there's been where the full release hasn't had a light (default) and a dark (optional) theme. I do think the amount of information you get in matches is a little overwhelming. Overall though the UI has been worked on a lot and it looks really good.

I had a very bad start to my beta in terms of league matches and lost the first two games! I then won the third league match 7-2. Rashford scored 5 goals, earning himself £20k bonus per goal, plus £20k appearance fee and £20k for an assist. So in one match he's earned a bonus of £140k which on a weekly salary of £180k is alright. Fernandes scored a hat trick of assists so that's £45k along with the £25k appearance fee. Still conceding the two goals at least saved me having to pay out £61k in clean sheet bonuses so every cloud....

Ree

Ree

Associate
should've fined him 200k for being selfish.. that'll show him. :D

i downloaded it but am that into assassins creed at the moment so haven't even launched it. got cyberpunk coming too man just spoiled the now.

Permabanned
should've fined him 200k for being selfish.. that'll show him. :D

i downloaded it but am that into assassins creed at the moment so haven't even launched it. got cyberpunk coming too man just spoiled the now.

Nah then you crush morale, You save that for people who refuse to accept your cull, Fine and demoted to reserves. And they still refuse to go. :p

Back
Top Bottom