Football Manager 2021

Soldato
Well I've taken the plunge & started a career on FM20.

Not played a football management game since the days of Championship Manager back in the late 90s early 2000's
Sank 1000's of hours into them back then, & was pretty successful, even if I say so myself. :D

Under no illusions that this is going to take me a while to get into & understand all the new options etc, but we'll see how it goes.

Associate
Anyone seen FM21 cheaper than retail anywhere? Bought FM20 but thought the match engine was terrible so gave up on it, have heard more promising noises about the FM21 ME but am not willing to pay retail after FM20 was such a let down...

Associate
How brutal is this run of fixtures :eek:
fm21-fixtures.jpg

fm21-fixtures.jpg

6sTR6sc

Associate
Anyone else finding this season/version very easy?

The beta was certainly far easier but I think the full game after release was similar to last year. The nice thing about the game is that you can tailor it to be as easy/hard as you like, managing Manchester United will always be quite an easy save but trying to take a team from obscurity in Romania to the Champions League final for example is a completely different kettle of fish. Attribute masking, set piece tactics etc etc etc can also make the game easier or more difficult based on how you want to play.

Soldato
I disagree, I have gone seasons unbeaten as Lazio, Aberdeen, St Albans and Birmingham with relative ease and not spending much if anything.

I like the fact I don't get 15 injuries a week in training anymore though.

Soldato
Sorry to bump, but I really need a new footie management game. My most up to date is CM from 2010 or thereabouts and I tried to revive the old Fifa Soccer Manager from 1997, but while it runs for a bit and I could play a match it crashes to a black box when the match finished. I see this is still going for £40 on Steam (haven't checked key sites) which is a bit steep (IMHO). So is it worth the money or better off waiting for a sale, not that these games ever seem to go on sale?

Pet Northerner
Don
Sorry to bump, but I really need a new footie management game. My most up to date is CM from 2010 or thereabouts and I tried to revive the old Fifa Soccer Manager from 1997, but while it runs for a bit and I could play a match it crashes to a black box when the match finished. I see this is still going for £40 on Steam (haven't checked key sites) which is a bit steep (IMHO). So is it worth the money or better off waiting for a sale, not that these games ever seem to go on sale?

if you have it FM21 is on xbox gamepass

Soldato
OP
FM does sometimes go on sale on Steam at a lower price than £40. It you're going to play FM21 for ages then the £40 would be well spent. I think the next Steam sale would be the Halloween one so quite a while to wait. Of course if you wait until that next Steam sale the next installment of FM, not yet announced though, would probably be out a few weeks later as it tends to be released in early/mid November every year now.

FM21 - 24th November 2020
FM20 - 18th November 2019
FM19 - 2nd November 2018
FM18 - 10th November 2017

Back
Top Bottom