For anyone who cares about animal welfare

Suspended
penski, what are your thoughts about people that throw kittens in a bag into a river? or drop a paving slab onto a hamster?

Funny or sick?

Caporegime
fatiain said:
Dude, that's just wrong, human stomach pH is damn near 1.

Dont know where I read that then, apparently wikipedia says it 1.5-2.

Anyway there a lot of similarities between herbivores and humans.

http://www.tierversuchsgegner.org/Gesundheit/taxonomy.html

This compares omnivores vs herbivores vs carnivores vs humans and it shows that humans are almost the same as herbivores.

Caporegime
VeNT said:
theres very little genetic difference between a goldfish and a human, what are YOU getting at?

The charactirists for humans are almost identicle to herbivores.

Fish and humans are nothing like each other, dogs have 75% of humans genes but they are carnivores we are not..

Soldato
Energize said:
Dont know where I read that then, apparently wikipedia says it 1.5-2.

Anyway there a lot of similarities between herbivores and humans.

http://www.tierversuchsgegner.org/Gesundheit/taxonomy.html

This compares omnivores vs herbivores vs carnivores vs humans and it shows that humans are almost the same as herbivores.
Some of the characheristics of humans on that site are a bit suspect.

Suspended
Chimps occasionally eat meat also to supplement their poor diet. We are omnivores. Give a hungry rabbit a steak, or give a hungry lion a melon and see what happens. :p

We might not resemble a brown bear in phyiscal appearence, but we can both eat vegetation or meat.

Caporegime
squiffy said:
Chimps occasionally eat meat also to supplement their poor diet. We are omnivores. Give a hungry rabbit a steak, or give a hungry lion a melon and see what happens. :p

We might not resemble a brown bear in phyiscal appearence, but we can both eat vegetation or meat.

By design though our physical attributes are not those of omnivores, most people will eat almost anything to survive.

Caporegime
Mr Joshua said:
So why can we eat a diet of either vegetables or meat?

Herbivores can as well, carnivores can live on vegetables too.

edit- thats meat and vegetables by the way, we cant survive on meat alone it contains no fibre.

Last edited:
Soldato
who cares?
we survive on both meat AND vegitables.
tbh I don't see the issue, and those who say that if there where no farmers the animals would live in "the wild"
where?
anyone here know of any "Wildlife" spaces in the UK that cows etc could live in (and have a sustainable habitiat?).
no? didn't think so.

Caporegime
squiffy said:
But we can survive on both. Could a lion survive on melons? And a rabbit on steaks?

No.

No one can survive eating just 1 food stuff because they dont contain the nutrients we need. However carnivores can survive with no meat. Humans cant survive without fibre that plants give us.

Last edited:
Associate
Energize said:
By design though our physical attributes are not those of omnivores, most people will eat almost anything to survive.

You mean like our forwarding facing eyes?
Or perhaps our uselessly efficient gut?
Or perhaps our huge energy hungry brain?
Or even our multi purpose teeth?

Damn I’m completely confused, where the hell has my manual gone….

Man of Honour
squiffy said:
So in your view, killing a cow with a bullet in the brain, and hacking away with a machete whilst it's still alive is exactly the same?

When I lived in Nigeria I used to go with my mum to buy fresh meat. We would choose a cow and then watch it hacked to death with a machete which wasn't nice because they'd be cutting it up while it was still alive.
A few years later when I was 16 and helped my mum to buy our meat I asked if I could kill the cow.
I took the machete and rammed it where I was told the heart was by another ex pat and it fell down dead instantly.
I was hoping the Nigerians would follow my example but they must enjoy the hacking.

Soldato
Sparky__H said:
You mean like our forwarding facing eyes?
Or perhaps our uselessly efficient gut?
Or perhaps our huge energy hungry brain?
Or even our multi purpose teeth?

Damn I’m completely confused, where the hell has my manual gone….
don't forget we've still got our vistidual apendix that actualy doesn't work but proves that at one time long ago we where able to eat grass and actualy digest it without getting ill and dying.
pitty it doesn't work anymore ey?

Soldato
dmpoole said:
When I lived in Nigeria I used to go with my mum to buy fresh meat. We would choose a cow and then watch it hacked to death with a machete which wasn't nice because they'd be cutting it up while it was still alive.
A few years later when I was 16 and helped my mum to buy our meat I asked if I could kill the cow.
I took the machete and rammed it where I was told the heart was by another ex pat and it fell down dead instantly.
I was hoping the Nigerians would follow my example but they must enjoy the hacking.

:/

Soldato
fatiain said:
We also have forward facing stereo-vision eyes, the eyes of a predator. Predators as in ones who go after moving things not like plants.
So do gorillas, and they're herbivores. Not all animals with front-facing eyes are carnivores or even omnivores. Gorillas also have large canines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom