For fans of FPS Shotguns

Associate
Episode 7 fresh off the press today. Its 2003 and developers are still stumbling with new engines, tools and effects that we all take for granted now. Some nice designs and some real stinkers too. Enjoy!

Did you play any of these? I love the look of that Tron 2.0 cyber beast.

Associate
OP
What a great set of videos. Thank you for the heads up.

I despise Youtube and its **** algorithms.

How does this have soo few views? :(

Thanks. I've started from absolute zero so will see how it goes with them algorithms. All I can do is keep the episodes coming.

Associate
OP
Quake games are still the benchmark for shotguns :D

Episode 8 contains an Easter cracker. Painkiller's shotgun is a masterful work of art with a rhythm that has a lot in common with the original Quake design:

(Links to skip to each game in the description)

Soldato
Nothing will ever come close to the Super shotgun Doom II. The sound of alone makes it better than anything else.

I’m sure my mate even broke in trust speakers in the 90s by cranking the volume up to full and the bass on full then firing it :D

Caporegime
All i use in fps games, the shotties!

AngelicAshamedIndianskimmer-size_restricted.gif

:D

Associate
OP
Nothing will ever come close to the Super shotgun Doom II. The sound of alone makes it better than anything else.

Have you tried the classic weapons sound pack that came with Doom Eternal? (Its literally the same shot sound fx)
I need to play through the entire game with it on to see if it has a better impact. I was a bit miffed at the new super shotgun sound in Eternal, all a bit messy imo.

Associate
OP
Great series of videos. Next weeks one, episode 10 should have the Gears of War shotgun which could be a 10.

Thanks, much appreciated!

I'm glad this crazy venture is being well received from all corners so far, in fact. I'd love to sit and play through each Gears game one week and dig into the guns as a one off. Although 2 and 3 didn't make it to PC I read, which makes 4K60 video capture a pain.

Anyone remember the game Pariah? It doesn't even launch anymore on PC as the DRM solution was dropped by Windows - it installs fine but simply refuses to launch as it cant connect to the DRM software. That game does not play well on OG Xbox either... A piece of art that will be lost to time eventually as I cant see it getting a 4K remaster ever. (unless Series X has actual magic inside it)

Area 51 is another PC casualty, some kind of shader / lighting problem with modern GPU's. It just goes pitch black after a few seconds play. Shame as thats an enjoyable shooter.

Here's the latest episode link for everyone - half way through 2005's games so far. Just 200 more shotguns to go!

Nintendo's odd FPS 'Geist' will kick off the next one, and will also show F.E.A.R.'s wonderful bullet time shotgun goodness.

Back
Top Bottom